Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Porting Issues with old 3 account to new 3 account

A_W
Novice
Novice

Porting Issues with old 3 account to new 3 account

Hi there,

I recently purchased a new phone and set up a new 3 bill pay account for it. I would like to keep my old number from my previous account (PAYG). I have tried the "porting my number" site: https://www.three.ie/keep-your-number/ , but after entering my details and subbmitting, the following page shows and error that the task cannot be completed. I have tried taking with support before and had no progress. There should be a way for me to keep my old number and I am lloking for help regarding this.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
billbond4
Leader

When was the last time you used your old number?
Numbers on the network may be recycled

@A_W Hi there 👋 @billbond4 is correct, if the number is an old number on our network then it may have been recycled. Is the number with Three or with another network? Let me know 😃

My old 3 account is still active and the number in use, as I don't want to lose it. I have used my old number for a lot of applications and documentation, and as such would like to hold onto it, without having to wait a long period of time for it to become an expired number

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@A_W Pop me a PM with the number you'd like to keep along with your new account number, full name, address and date of birth and I'll certainly take a look at this for you 👌