Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

Problems with 57030

SOLVED
Highlighted
Navigator

Problems with 57030

According to my latest bill, which is due soon, I have sent a number of texts to a text number called 57030. According to my bill I sent 6 text messages to this number on the 9th August last at 17:34. The difficulty is I sent no such messages and of course the probability of sending 6 test messages to the same text is unlikely. I don’t see why I should pay for these messages when I didn’t send them and to say I am annoyed is putting it mildly. Each text is €2.03 plus VAT and I am fuming at this. I cannot get in touch with Three and I only communicated with one of their online operators that Three have on their website and they advised me to send the text “STOP” to this number and which I presume has incurred a new charge. I suppose the questions I am asking is 1) Am I obliged to pay this charge seeing as I did not send these texts, 2) What can I do about it?, 3) What can Three do about it. 4) Has anyone else had this problem and 5) Who are 57030?

I am most dissatisfied about this and I am considering taking this matter further

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Highlighted
Leader

Re: Problems with 57030

Hi tomhen,

It sounds like your number has been subscribed to a mailing list which charges you €2.03 per message. You've done the right thing by texting STOP to the number, this will remove your number to the mailing list. The charging company are called Zamano, they will issue you a full refund. Their contact details are 01 554 7313. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Leader

Hi tomhen,

It sounds like your number has been subscribed to a mailing list which charges you €2.03 per message. You've done the right thing by texting STOP to the number, this will remove your number to the mailing list. The charging company are called Zamano, they will issue you a full refund. Their contact details are 01 554 7313. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Navigator

Thanks a million Joolz.  I got the cheque in the post last week (including the VAT!!!)

Highlighted
3 Staff

That's great to hear tomhen 😃 I'll let Joolz know. If there's anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Highlighted
Navigator

I`m also being charged 15 euro by Three for these scam texts. Three will not take any responsibility despite the fact that they are fully aware of this scam- it has been going on for years with the same company! 

Three must be getting a share of the revenue if they don`t do anything to stop it, and this shows a lack of respect to their customers.

Please correct me if I`m wrong! 

Highlighted
Leader

Hi hugh3,

You'll need to text back STOP to 57030. The charging company is called Zamano. If you contact them they will issue you a refund. Their details are 01 5547313. 

Highlighted
Navigator

I am aware of that thank you, and I`ve contacted Zamano.

The problem is that I contacted Three a few weeks ago to tell them about this well known scam, and to ask them to remove the charges from my bill, however today my bank account has still been charged for this fraud.

If people don`t notice the extra charges on their phone bill, then Zamano and Three are laughing all the way to the bank. 

This is why Three won`t do anything to change this- They have had complaints about it for years and nothing has changed.

Can you tell me that Three don`t profit from this?

Highlighted
Guide

This is a third party subscription service. You would need to contact the company itself in regards to a refund.

Highlighted
Navigator

So Three do profit from this.
Highlighted
3 Staff

The company charges Three for this subscription, this is why it's been added to your bill. If you were subscribed incorrectly you can contact Comreg and they will follow up with Zamano for you.