SOLVED
Explorer

Re: Upgrade Elegibility or Not

I sent PM again.
Hope you received it.
phlb
3 Community Manager

Received Smiley Happy Lisa is approving this as we speak!

Explorer

Thank you. I thought fro the post that my PM hadn’t reached you. phlb
3 Community Manager

That's sorted for you now. If you'd like some help with the upgrade just let me know here 😊

Explorer

Thanks for your helpfullness in approving an upgrade.

Regrettably, this 'upgrade' means that, to upgrade and keep my current monthly plan, I must increase my monthly payment to nearly 218% of my present monthly payment - for no extra benefit per month.

Or change to another plan that I don't want and increase my monthly payment to 174% of my present monthly payment.

It might well seem from this unfair practice that former O2 customers are no longer welcome on the 3 network?

3 Moderator

This is a very strange thing! Can you tell me the type of phone you are interested in and what price plan is coming up?

Explorer

Hi Deborah,
Thanks for the reply.
The same pattern occurred for all the 6 phones I tried. The phone I’m most interested in is iPhone SE 128GB.
My present plan is Three My Pick 300, which costs me €23.06 per month (including the 2GB data).
To upgrade and keep my present plan would cost me €50.06 per month with this phone free.
If I changed to Three Open 700 Extra plan (a better plan but I don’t need the extra benefits), the monthly cost would be €40 and the phone would cost €210.
Very strange practice indeed. Perhaps to phase out former O2 plans and customers.
Obviously, to upgrade and get a good deal, I’ll have to leave 3 when the contract is finished.
Patrick
Explorer

Problem solved thanks to the very helpful Moderators. Thank you.
Explorer

I'm back again with a similar upgrade problem for my second phone for the very helpful moderators to solve.
My account says I'm eligible for an upgrade for my second number 086.....38, today 22 November. However, when I click "upgrade now", I cannot access the upgrade page.
What must I do to access the upgrade page?
Thank you.
phlb
3 Moderator

Hi @phlb

Thanks for your post! I'll be happy to check this out for you. Can you PM me your name, address and date of birth?

I'll be able to take a look into this for you then Smiley Happy

Cheers!