Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Galway City Center Broadband Now at 3 Meg???

PlanD
Novice

Galway City Center Broadband Now at 3 Meg???

We installed a Three Broadband modem a few weeks ago. Sales guy promissed 100 Meg, we are getting max 6 Meg and it's usually at around 2/3 Meg. I have moved the unit to different spots in the building beside windows etc and still no improvement. Can't even watch a low res youTube vid. How do I escalate this/cancel/get a refund?

12 REPLIES 12
Three_Susan
3 Mod Retired

Hi @PlanD 👋 Can you have a look at this checklist here on our Community as this has helped other customers and let me know how you get on with this? 

Dropped it in to the Three shope in Galway.... Hopefully they can sort it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's 14 days you can return with everything to store and cancel as far as I'm aware.

Thanks! It's been over 14 days but I'm still gonna cancel and get a refund
as I have been trying to solve it since the day it arrived and they did
nothing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say "trying t resolve it" did you go back to the store with it? if not, If it has been lieke that since day 1why didn't you return with it? @PlanD 

You say "back to the store", but I didn't get it in store I did the
transaction on line, phone and email. Emailed the original sales guy that I
had been dealing with. No response... still no response. Chatted online and
tried to trouble shoot didn't help. They gave me a number to call. Called
the number. He suggested that it might be the SIM or Router and to bring it
in store. I did that the next day. In store they where getting between 8
and 22 Meg. Changed the SIM brought it home. Same story... 2 - 3 Meg. Then
I tested it this morning at 7am and it was 24 Meg. Within half an hour it
was down again to 5 Meg and by 8:30 am it was down to 1.79 Meg. So it seems
that there is too much traffic on the mast that we are accessing...
something that Three should be aware of. Unless you can come up with some
other excuse?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh not the store okay, then there's the 14 day cooling-off period for distance selling (all distance selling products not just Three products, literally everything) What I'm trying to say is you had 14 days to send it back. Usually sales guys are working in a call centre making outbound or taking calls so they don't deal via email. At least if you've done that there is a paper trail that you were not happy with the speeds from the start Give one of the mods here a PM and see if they can help at all. 

So it turns out that the masts around my house are all 3G not 4G as I was told by the sales guy (who didn't reply to my email - although there were plenty of emails prior to that). I just spoke to someone in Three and they have not sent it to technical to get sorted... Why this wasn't done in the first place is beyond me? What's more is that it probably won't get solved because of the amount of traffic on the masts and I will have wasted another week on this. Unbelieveable! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If they send it to tech isn't that for issues though? If you can only pick up 3G and are getting 3mbps that's kind of normal for 3G service in an area where there's lots of traffic. Mods are still here if you want to give them a try but it sounds like there's no issue with the service provided in your area apart from it not being 4G.