Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Lost or Stolen Phone

Lost or Stolen Phone

If your phone is lost or stolen, here’s what you should do:

• Try ringing the phone or checking the nearest Garda station – someone may have handed it in.
  • If you have Find My iPhone (Apple), Find My Device (Android) or My Phone (Windows), you may be able to track the location of your phone. As well as using GPS to track your phone, these apps also allow you to play a sound from the device or broadcast a message onto the phone’s screen, in case anyone finds it. You can also lock your device remotely so no one can access it or even erase your phone’s data, ensuring that your personal information remains safe.

If you have tried the above steps to no avail, you should do the following:

1. Contact us to report your phone as lost or stolen. We can then suspend your account to ensure no further unauthorised usage. We can also blacklist your device so that no one else can use it.
  2. Report the loss or theft to your local Garda station. If you are abroad, you should report the loss or theft to the local police station. 
  3. If you have insurance, contact your insurance provider directly to make a claim. You will need to provide proof that you have reported the incident to the Gardaí (or police, if in a foreign country) within a certain timeframe (generally 24-48 hours). Usually, a member of the Gardaí will need to stamp and sign your insurance claim form.

If you have insurance with Three SOS, here’s how to make a claim.

Found your phone? Just contact us and we can remove the block on your account and handset.

Do you need more help? Why not ask the 3Community and benefit from the experience of over 90,000 members.