Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Bandwidth prioritisation for mobile broadband customers

Bandwidth prioritisation for mobile broadband customers

13 Comments
threeisdown
Investigator

@Three_Niall 

I am extremely disappointed to learn about the impending price increase scheduled for April. As a broadband customer who consumes a substantial amount of data, I firmly believe that we should be accorded priority bandwidth allocation. It is disheartening to note that despite our heavy data usage, we are not being prioritized over mobile phone users. I urge you to reconsider this decision and implement measures to ensure that broadband customers, who significantly contribute to your network's data traffic, receive the bandwidth prioritization they deserve. Our needs and usage patterns are distinct from those of mobile phone users, and it is only fair that our access to higher bandwidth is prioritized accordingly. I implore you to address this issue promptly and provide a satisfactory resolution that acknowledges the importance of your broadband customer base. We place immense value on your services, and it is crucial that our interests are duly considered and accommodated. Please take the necessary steps to rectify this situation and ensure that broadband customers are granted the priority bandwidth they rightfully deserve.

threeisdown
Investigator

@Three_Niall Moreover, by stating that there is no difference between phone and broadband bandwidths, you are effectively suggesting that we could simply use any Three IE SIM card or 48.ie SIM card in our routers, without being bound by your dedicated broadband contracts. This undermines the value proposition of your broadband service offerings and raises questions about the necessity of being tied to a specific broadband plan if mobile data can be utilized interchangeably.

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

In the spirit of fairness and network neutrality, we do not dedicate more bandwidth or prioritise one group of customers on our network over the other, regardless of what device they use to access their data, and what services they use.

The vast majority of our data customer use bandwidth heavy services from time to time, streaming content over a router to a TV or streaming a 4K video to your phone from You Tube. We do not prejudice either group, and the network is designed to cope with their concurrent use.