Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Little point to we text without foreign IP allowed

Little point to we text without foreign IP allowed

Hi all, 

I'm assuming that it was a business decision as it's so specific. However, I struggle to see any use for webtexts, except for super niche circumstances, whereby anyone would use the webtext feature outside of looking to send a webtext using a foreign IP.

I assume the company wants to be seen to have the feature as it's a standard feature for mobile providers, but not have it function for situations that people actually use it?

3 Comments
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Needs Info

@Liamallica Hi there, I've changed the status of your Idea to "Needs Info" as I'm not sure if your post is right for the Ideas Board or if it needs to be moved.

Our webtext service is available to all Three customers on Bill Pay, Prepay & Broadband. This service is mostly used by customers who don't have unlimited allowances for texting so if they run out they have an extra allowance to hold them over until their plan allowance renews. This service is only available in Ireland so cannot be used while roaming.

I'm not sure what your question is from your above post & could you clarify what you mean by foreign IP? Are you connected to a VPN or are you abroad trying to use webtexts? 

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin
Status changed to: Declined

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Liamallica If this is still an idea that you are interested in please don't hesitate to add to the comments.