Mobile Internet and Data Issues
If you're having issues accessing the internet on your phone, take a look at the following steps.
First, check the following:
- If you're a prepay customer, ensure you have an active data bundle or have credit on your account.
- If you're a bill pay customer, ensure your account is active and you have not breached your credit limit or data roaming cap.
Next, check the following:
- Are you having issues with all internet services, or one specific site/app? If it is only one site or app, then it is not an overall internet issue.
- Try turning your phone off and on again to see if that fixes the problem (it often works!).
- Are you having issues in one specific area? If so, there may be an issue with the coverage in that area. Check our Coverage Map to check the coverage in your area.
- Are your internet settings correct? If the settings on your phone are incorrect, you may not be able to access the Internet or send picture messages. Check out our Mobile Settings article for more info.
- Try manually selecting a network. Sometimes, even if you can't access Three's 5G network in a certain area, you should be able to access the 4G network. On most phones, it's possible to set your device so that it automatically chooses the best signal strength (5G/4G/3G). To find out how select a network, visit our Device Support area. Select your device, then go to 'How to manually select a network' under the 'Network section'. From there, follow the instructions.
If you're still experiencing issues, contact us at three.ie/contact-us/chat or here on the 3Community. We can check your area for any current outages or site issues, and can also check your account to ensure you are set up correctly for 4G and 5G data.
If you've checked all of the above and the issue persists, try your SIM in another phone.
- If there are no issues on the other phone, this indicates a problem with your phone. You can get your phone sent for repair from any Three Store.
- If you're still having problems with another phone, then you should get your SIM replaced from any Three Store.
Still have a question or want to add a tip? Join the discussion on our 3Community.