Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Reporting a Fault with my Landline/Broadband

Reporting a Fault with my Landline/Broadband

For a Landline Fault:

• If you are using a splitter, with both your modem and phone plugged into the one socket, take all connections out of main socket.
  • Then take the power out of your handset.
  • Plug the phone line back into the socket without the splitter and the power back into the phone.
  • Test the line again to see if it is now working.
  • If you are now able to make calls, then the issue is with your splitter.
  • If your landline and broadband are plugged into their own sockets on the wall, then unplug your landline from the socket in the wall and power out of your phone.
  • Plug phone line back into correct side of socket and put power back into your phone.
  • Test again to see if it is working. If not, try the same process with a second handset to rule out an equipment issue.

For a Broadband Fault:

• Take your DSL (digital subscriber line)/Internet line out of the socket in the wall.
  • Take the power out of your modem.
  • Plug DSL line back into correct socket on the wall and plug your power back into your modem. Always make sure your DSL line is plugged into the DSL socket on the back of your modem.
  • Lights will come on one by one, so give it about 15 – 20 minutes for service to restore.
  • Power and DSL light should be solid green and internet and Wi-Fi should be flashing green.

If your service does not restore within one hour or none of the above steps have resolved your issue, please contact us:

• If you are a Three Business customer: Call Three Technical Service Desk on 1800-800-002 and press option 1.
  • Otherwise, call 1913

Please note:

1. You should call us from a mobile phone.
  2. You need to be onsite as we need to test your lines.
  3. We run a series of tests to establish if the fault is on the line or with your equipment.
  4. If we need to log a fault on your landline, we can divert your calls until the fault is repaired.
  5. We will take an alternative contact mobile number with each fault. The technician may need this to contact you on the day of repair.

Will a technician have to visit my premises when a fault is logged?

A technician will always go to the exchange first and if they need to go onsite, they will contact you on your mobile number or ask us to make an appointment.

We will send you a message to contact us if an appointment is required.

When will my Fault be Resolved?

Once the fault is reported, it usually gets resolved within two to three working days.

Sometimes this can take longer.

Examples of faults that might take longer to repair:

• Third party damage.
  • If there is a work order on the fault and a licence from the council is needed for the repair.
  • If a pole or cable needs to be replaced.
  • If a fault is going to take longer, we will send a text message to inform you.

What can cause a fault on my line?

• Alterations to connections and wiring inside the premises.
  • Exchange faults or Local Faults (average repair time is over 48 hours).
  • Storm damage due to high winds.
  • Fallen lines due to building work.
  • Third party damage.
  • Lightning.