Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Broadband - Tipperary

choicer
Novice

Broadband - Tipperary

Been with Three for over 4 years (Nov 2016) as no physical line connected to the rental house.

At first service was good but since late 2017/early 2018 the service has dropped. Been on to Boards forum and this forum at various times yet never get a good resolution. 

Was told in 2017 to change modem and sim and tbh, that didn't really work. I work from home permanently so even before COVID lockdown the service hasn't been great. Had my phone with Three in its various guises since 2002 but changed to Vodafone this year because I needed the alternative to hotspot my laptop for work. 4g and 3g often unusable from 4pm onwards. Can barely stream netflix many evenings and, like, many on here, service even worse this Jan.

I tried to use ThreeCare to help but as always the end response it to upgrade to new modem and sim. TBH, the answer always smacks of just money-grabbing rather than any proper resolution. I've sent so many screenshots of speeds on 3g and 4g, changes settings, moved the modem, and done all things askes that I'm asking Three for help to retain me as a customer. Is there ANY WAY I can get a modem and sim to test if upgrading will actually resolve my issues? I tried to stream a football match during the week and the signal was so utterly poor I ended up hotspotting my phone. Yesterday, my wife had to hotspot her phone to watch Netflix as I couldnt do a work call and her watch netflix. 

I live near Clogheen in Tipperary about halfway between Ardfinnan and Clogheen. 

*edited by Mod

5 REPLIES 5
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@choicer Hi there 👋 Thanks for sending in so much detail, it's really helpful and I appreciate it's not ideal when speeds aren't great, especially when working from home. It's possible this is down to traffic at peak times. There's a really good blog with some very helpful troubleshooting steps, take a look 👉 All about: Broadband Coverage. You may have tried some of these steps already, if so, let me know. There's also a list of questions on there, let me know the answers to those 👍 

Thanks. Tried all those things repeatedly over many years and yet still no improvement.
I changed my phone contract because of the issue and now Threes lack of assistance means we will be leaving Three again for broadband. Appalling lack of care and service.

@choicerI get your frustration and I'd love to turn this around for you. To do this I need to know what steps you have taken and the results. Does changing to '3G Only' make a difference at all? Can you send me some screenshots of your speed tests? The more info I have the better 👍

Steps taken? Since I first reported the issue its the same steps every time when I troubleshoot. 

- I've set up a new profile

- I switch between the two profiles

- On each profile I try enabling and disabling roaming

- I try this on 4g and 3g.

- Most recently, I troubleshooted with a Three Rep (Jan 11th) and was told to order a replacement SIM or new router

- At 2.30pm I was getting 2.6mbs download on 4g and then it went down to 0.8mbs. On 3g I was getting 0.15mb. I switched my Vodafone mobile to be a hotspot and used it instead.

- Sep 28th before that for troubleshooting and the solution was, yet again, upgrade.

I stated all this in my opening post. I've worked in IT for 25 years as on-site support and as service desk support. I'm hugely frustrated that each and EVERY time I report an issue its clear that there is no record of any interaction. 

And the inaction here has resulted in my ordering Vodafone yesterday. Once it arrives I'm cancelling Three and honestly doubt I'll ever come back.

@choicer I'm sorry to hear that. As this is your first time contacting 3Community to discuss this I needed you to give me as much detail as possible. I understand you may have given these answers to other areas and as I don't have access to your account yet I cannot see the history. If you would like to send me a PM with your broadband number, full name, address and date of birth I can then access your account.