Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Current 5G Silver has no coverage in new house

Abiola_19077
Investigator

Current 5G Silver has no coverage in new house

We currently stay in Cavan and recently switched from the very slow and always disconnecting Eir broadband to the three 5G Silver. So far so good, we get an speed average of 80Mbps and we are happy abt it bc I and the Mrs work from home, So a fast and stable broadband is needed. 

We just bought our new house in a Village in Kildare and we took the broadband to the property to test the speed. We realize that there is no 5G coverage there and we could only get a speed 1mbps or less. We have only been with three for a month. How do we go about this please? are we able to cancel the contract for free bc we are not getting a good speed and cannot use the broadband for our jobs or even anything in the new property. 

8 REPLIES 8
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Abiola_19077 and welcome to 3Community 👋 This is not what I like to hear I'd love to look into this for you 😊 I just need a little more info. Have you checked our planned works blog to see if there is maintenance going on in your area? or our coverage check to confirm the 5G availability at the new location?

Planned works schedule

Coverage Checker

Hi Stacey, I just checked the planned work blog, there is no maintenance work going on in the area. I also used the coverage check but it’s a little surprising to notice that 5G is available in the village, Derrinturn but not in the estate, Technavan wood. I imagine this is so bc it’s a very new estate. So Stacey, how can you help us solve this issue please bc like I said I and my partner work from home and we will be moving into the new house in the next few weeks. We cannot afford not to have an fast and reliable internet connection. 

Hi @Abiola_19077 thanks for getting back to me with that update. The next step is to run through some troubleshooting with the device in the new location. To find the steps click here. Let me know how you get on. 

Hi Stacey, I was at the property today and I carried out the troubleshooting steps you suggested. The internet is still very slow, I was only able to achieve a download speed of 6.52Mbps and upload of 0.69Mbps which is still very slow. Also there was no 5G connection but only 4G in the location. I took a screenshot and pictures to document this. How do I proceed from here please. 

Hi @Abiola_19077 thanks for doing that and the screenshots were a great idea 😊 Please PM us with your name, number, full registered address, date of birth and the screen shots so that we can review this further.

Hi @Three_Stacey I have now sent you all the required information in a PM. Hoping to hearing from you soon. Thank you 

Hi there,@Abiola_19077 I see your PM and one of the team will get back to you shortly.

@Three_Stacey Okay. Thank you Stacey