Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are O2 customers not being offered same Upgrade deals%3F

SOLVED
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are O2 customers not being offered same Upgrade deals%3F

The deals I am being offered online for an Upgrade AND even after dealing with someone over CHAT are awful.

As a new customer, I can get the same deal on the handset but with a Better plan at the same price.

That is, whatever the crap plan I am on now (Three Open Basic Extra 12Mth) that was showhorned from an old O2 plan versus the €55 Unlimited Flex Max plan with All you can Eat Data and unlimited calls and texts.

(In fact this is now €45 for 6months new cutomers).

Swapping to 24month makes no difference. I am still stuck with the old OPEN plans. My upgrade gives no discount on the new plans.

In fact, even worse thatn this, I am being refused the option to take the new plan whatsoever!

Some lame **bleep** excuse about having to swap SIM cards... obviously a technical impossibility!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why are O2 customers not being offered same Upgrade deal

Just to update people, that I got no joy at all from this. 2nd class citizens unfortunately. This is much more thatn the usual thing where existing customers don't get the offeres that new customers do... that we seem to have started to accept! This is where 2 sets of cusotmers are treated completely differently.
To clarify:
So the "upgrade" offer is useless to me. Can't be used except with anything excpet the existing expsensive plan. And I am out of contract. But I can avail of the new sutoemr offer, same as anyone coming in off the street, but with no redcution on the handset. But as a previous O2 customer, I need to get a new Sim and "port" my number across to 3 - even though I am with 3 now! This also requires that I get my phone unlocked.

@bucks65 wrote:

I sent my details to you on Monday, but you ahve not replied...?

Can you please get back to me either way?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why are O2 customers not being offered same Upgrade deals%3F

Hi bucks65,

Can you send me a PM with your mobile number, and your full name, address and date of birth? I'll check your account here. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maestro

Hi bucks65, we've yet to receive your PM with your details. Can you pop this over to me with your full name, number, address and DOB? I'll get on to this for you straight away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge costs for tethering iPhone to pc.
I've been charged 2300 euros for 2.26 gb
I have bargained them down to 468 euros. But just to let others know. This is still an enormous charge with no warning. And my online bill is still showing the original bill amount.
I would change provider if I was you.!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update people, that I got no joy at all from this. 2nd class citizens unfortunately. This is much more thatn the usual thing where existing customers don't get the offeres that new customers do... that we seem to have started to accept! This is where 2 sets of cusotmers are treated completely differently.
To clarify:
So the "upgrade" offer is useless to me. Can't be used except with anything excpet the existing expsensive plan. And I am out of contract. But I can avail of the new sutoemr offer, same as anyone coming in off the street, but with no redcution on the handset. But as a previous O2 customer, I need to get a new Sim and "port" my number across to 3 - even though I am with 3 now! This also requires that I get my phone unlocked.

@bucks65 wrote:

Maestro

Hi @Anonymous can you pop me a PM with your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check the plans for you Smiley Happy 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Three_Sophie wrote:

Hi @Anonymous can you pop me a PM with your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check the plans for you Smiley Happy 

Hi, I have already been down this road with other mods. Thanks anyway. 

I have done this via Chat online several times and via the community here and I have had no joy.

Maestro

I would like to check this for you @Anonymous if you change your mind get back to me here Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been through the same. Leaving for a tesco sim only plan €25 unlimted calls and texts plus 20gb data