Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3 Pay Plan - Out of Credit Message

naomi2

3 Pay Plan - Out of Credit Message

Hi Three,

I am on a plan called 3 Pay which I believe is now a legacy plan. 

I top up by €20 every 28 days (used to be 30 days) to get unlimited data and my credit would always accumulate month-on-month. Often I would have €60-€90 in credit on my account from accumulating credit as I mainly use the phone for data and not calls.

When the 28 days lapsed I would get an "Out of Credit" message browsing to any website even if I still had credit. This would block me from accessing the internet, and indicate to me that the 28 days of unlimited data had elapsed. Once I received a redirect to the "Out of Credit" page I would then top-up by €20 again, and none of my previous credit would be consumed, thus allowing me to accumulate credit.

At some stage last year, I noticed that I would no longer get this "Out of Credit" message after 28 days where I would then top up. Instead, my credit is quickly consumed and I get sent a message that my balance is low.

This did not always happen and I did not change my plan at any time or make any account changes.

Can you please clarify what is happening and arrange for this out-of-credit message to be returned for me?

Thanks,

Naomi

1 REPLY 1
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@naomi2 Good morning and thanks so much for posting 👋 The best way to make sure you top-up on time is by using the scheduled top-up option on My3 where you can schedule your top-up to automatically apply every 28 days. Have you considered that option? You can also set a reminder in your calendar on your phone for when you don't receive reminder texts which aren't always guaranteed.