Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

All you can eat

Paul_75680
Novice

All you can eat

I’m visiting ROI from Australia and picked up the €20 plan from a 3 store in Dublin.  I had asked for a pre pay (sim only) plan I could also use in the Uk when I am there but reading all the details I am confused.

https://www.three.ie/roaming/ Says I can. 

. But  I have also read  some of the terms and conditions that seem to say ‘Ireland only. ‘All you can eat data service is for ROI use only. (T’s &c’s on the page: /prepay-phone-plans.html

Further,  I was told that my plan would not work in Iceland but according to the online link at 

https://www.three.ie/roaming, it will

i guess I should just follow and trust the link but I would appreciate some experienced help and a suggested option if necessary. 

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Paul_75680 welcome to 3Community 👋

I can help you with this, if you're topping up by €20 this means your plan is 3 Prepay 20. This means that All You Can Eat Data is ROI use only, but you get a roaming data allowance with this plan of 19GB.

The roaming data allowance can be used in both the UK and Iceland. This plan also has unlimited texts which can also be used while in Ireland and while roaming in the EU. For full details just click here

Hello Stacey and thank you for your welcome.

There was no link where you had click here but I am still slightly confused by your answer…

All You Can Eat Data is ROI use only, but you get a roaming data allowance with this plan of 19GB.

So therefore it is actually identical wherever I’m (Ireland or UK or Iceland?)

OR are you saying that I cannot use texts (or phone calls) in Iceland.

Sorry - I am a simple Australian

Thanks!

Sorry about the missing link - Price Guide, and there is no need to apologise

Let me try and clear this up for you. €20 top up will give you All You Can Eat Data in Ireland (browse online as much as you like), and it'll also give you 19GB to use in the EU (UK and Iceland). If you use more than 19GB you'll be charged (0.22c per MB).

In EU you'll have access to the plans unlimited texts and 60 network minutes which are included in the plan these can be used while roaming in the EU. 

let me know if this helps and feel free to ask any question I might be able to help with 😊

Thanks! Yes this is a little clearer. 😳

In Iceland (which is treated as part of the Euro) and the UK, I will have access to 19GB per monthly Euro20 topup.

In the UK and Euro it all falls under roaming and it will cost me 38c a minute to make a call locally but it can be done. Texts are .18c locally ( I think).

So, are these costs deducted from the Euro20 I pay every 28 days? Or do I have to add extra to cover them?

Thanks again, Stacey
Paul

While roaming in the EU on 3 Prepay 20 you'll have access to 60 minutes that can be used in Ireland or while roaming in the EU to make local calls or calls back to Ireland. It's the same with the unlimited texts. If you use all the minutes then you'll be charged at 38c per minute to make calls back to Ireland and the EU.

Gosh! If it’s the same why am I so confused!?

🤣
But, reading between the lines, it does not work that way in the UK?

Thanks for the continued follow up.

Let's try this again 😊

On 3 Prepay 20 roaming works the same in the UK as it does in the EU. Meaning the plan works in the UK as it would in any EU roaming country. 

Thanks for the extra try Stacey. I have really appreciated the assistance.

I will just have to try it and see how it works….

That's great to hear @Paul_75680. If you run into any difficulties let me know.