Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Changing Plans and I lost credit

RyanMcGuinness
Investigator

Changing Plans and I lost credit

I changed plans from Pre Pay 30 to Pre Pay 20 and in the process I lost €45.00 Credit. Before you say this is normal, it happened because I did not Top Up immediately and the credit was used for data. I am still entitled to unlimited data until 4th February 2021 and I have a screenshot showing this.

Can you please have the €45.00 credit I lost refunded to my account please?

5 REPLIES 5
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@RyanMcGuinness Hi there 👋 So, you changed plan and were charged for data between the time you changed and the time you topped up, am I right? Once you change plan you lose the benefits of the old plan as soon as the change goes through. Tell me, how long had passed in between?  Let me know and we'll go from there 👌

I paid for 3 Prepay 30 plan and it wasn't due to expire until 4th February 2021. I changed my plan on 30th January 2021. And the credit did not get removed. I wasn't able to top up for about 15 minutes and during this period the credit was removed due to data charges. I was charged for using data during a period in which I was covered by my plan. You can see from my account, and the screen grabs below that I was charged whilst I was in a plan

Image 2 redacted.jpgImage 5.jpg

@RyanMcGuinness Good morning. Your 3 Prepay 30 plan expired as soon as you changed price plan, the benefits of that plan ceased when you removed it from your subscription. You mention that you weren't able to top-up for about 15 minutes? Tell me more about that. 

I was unable to top up immediately due to family commitments, I was interrupted by my infant son who required attention. By the time I topped up, my credit was removed due to data usage as can be seen in this screen grab:Image 5.jpg

@RyanMcGuinness Pop me a PM with your account details and I'll take a look at your account 👌