Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Mobile Roaming outside EU

Pat_52735
Novice

Mobile Roaming outside EU

Hello,

How do I check that my account has roaming outside the EU turned on please?

11 REPLIES 11
Pat_52735
Novice

Anyone? I am having issues whilst abroad that I need addressed. 

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Pat_52735 👋 and welcome to 3Community.

Roaming is automatically enabled on Three accounts. The only thing you may need to do on your end is ensure that your roaming is enabled in the settings. For a step-by-step on how to do this check out our devices guide.

What difficulties are you experiencing?

Thanks Stacey.

We can make calls etc, however imessage is failing and all messages are sending as SMS>

Also, when topping up my account with €50 of credit only a smaller amount is being applied. 

@Pat_52735 are you able to connect to your data otherwise, as in can you browse the internet or use the apps on your phone?

Regarding the top up, do you know what plan you are on? If you are on one of our 3 Prepay 15, 20 or 30 these are automatic draw-down plans so for example; if you're on 3 Prepay 20 and your top up by €50 €20 of this will automatically be drawn down to activate your plan.

3 PrePay 20 - that makes sense thanks.

Yes, other data connections are working. 

That's a strange one. The first thing I'd like you to check is your software are you using the latest IOS? Then can you double check your settings - messages -iMessage setting and make sure that the settings are still active.

Thanks,
Yes fully updated with IOS, i've toggled on an off with iMessage. It configures but won't send.

Another thing is that I am periodically getting notifications stating I am out of balance when the portal shows otherwise.

Thanks for the info @Pat_52735 the next thing that I'm going to need to do is to review your account. So please PM me with your name, number, full address and date of birth so I can take a look.

I PM'd you.