Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Topped up twice

neil35

Topped up twice

TL;DR: Three site didn't confirm or update account after top up so I topped up again and now I've spent €40 for a month of data and 60mins of calls.

Look this isn't the first of these posts and it won't be the last. I topped up twice today on the mythree site, on my laptop, to reactivate my pre-pay plan as it was out yesterday. After topping up there was no confirmation in the account that I had topped up, my data hadn't resumed and I didn't receive the customary txt. Under 'Order History' (the most obvious place to me on the home screen to see recent transactions) there was nothing only my last top in November. Refreshed the pages loads of times nothing new.

I couldn't even check my bank to see if the payment had indeed gone through as they use my phone as a authenticator. It couldn't connect to it as I had no data.

Rather impatiently and needing to make some calls I topped up again, thinking maybe I used the wrong card etc. Only then after countless refreshes and logging in and out did the top up appear.  Still no txt message... (one and just one would eventually come 30mins later)

Unrelatedly (but perhaps it was sign of things to come) I had already spent 30mins on the Support Chat with a very helpful guy  trying to unlock my account. The mythree site for whatever reason did not recognise my credentials even after resetting my password moments prior. FYI you are not told your account is locked, only that you just can't log in.

So I went back on to the chat and waited again for someone. I explained my issue but they said that as I had topped up by the same amount as the plan (€20)... it just started the plan again. 10 minutes had barely passed between top-ups.

I pushed back saying that I had no way of knowing I had topped up.

They're reply was essentially it was your fault nothing we can do.

Then my laptop crashed! so that was the end of that conversation. 

And here I am now asking for that €20 to be credited back to me for the reason above.

Didn't mean for this to be so long but it has sincerely been a very frustrating morning. I've always been with Three since it began and have never had an issues. I celebrated the old all you can eat data/calls/txts for €20... I just wished I never had moved to the new plans. 

1 REPLY 1
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@neil35 Hi there, that's not what we like to hear and I'd like to look into this further for you. When you top-up by the required amount your plan should automatically kick back in. As you've mentioned that you could not connect to the internet after the first top-up that does not seem to be the case for you. Why not pop me a PM with your details (phone number, full name, address and date of birth) and we'll go from there 👍