Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Can't sens / receive SMS

mirek190
Investigator

Can't sens / receive SMS

I cannot send or receive SMS.

That happened some time ago and discovered recently 

I tried my SIM card in 2 different phones - the same result, can't send or receive SMS.

The strangest is if someone is trying to send me SMS that person is getting error ( SMS not sent ) but can sent to someone else without any problem.  

15 REPLIES 15

The SMSC appears as "+353830000800", 145

I replaced a SIM card ( replacement ) .
Then everything start working .

@JG54 Hello there, I see @billbond4 and @mirek190  have been helping you out here. Can you edit that SMSC and remove the ",145"? Let us know how that goes 👍

I'm having the same issue on a pixel phone also. Tried editing out the 145. No change, started happening yesterday

@BarryC Good morning 👋 Thanks for trying that. Is it possible to try your SIM in a different phone? This will tell us if this is SIM related or phone related. Let me know 👍

I got the issue resolved yesterday after several phonecalls. There is nothing wrong with the handset. Customer services reset my network somehow and I was able to receive texts and send texts while on the line to them. Ring customer service and ask them to reset your network, if that doesn't work just ring again and get them to reset it. They can fix it over the phone so don't let them log a technical ticket.