Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Porting Number & SIM issues?

SOLVED
JM25
Investigator

Porting Number & SIM issues?

I received my new phone and SIM over a week ago as I changed from another network to Three. I decided not to transfer my number until yesterday (Friday). I was eager to use the new phone when I received it and tried to use my old SIM but it wasn’t working (so my new phone said) and I put in my new Three SIM. Today when I rang people, my 083 number that came with the SIM showed up on people’s phones instead of my old number with the old network. I turned on my old phone to see if I had any texts and one from Three popped up from yesterday (Friday) saying ‘Please insert your Three SIM and we will send you a text to confirm you have joined our network’. I think I jumped the gun too soon and inserted the new SIM too soon. I restarted my new phone a few times to see if I would get a confirmation text and I also reinserted my SIM to see if it would make a difference. Do I just wait and see?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@JM25  Ok, thanks for the info 👍 The next thing I'd like you to do is send me a PM with your temporary 083 number, the number you wish to port and also your full name, address and date of birth. Then I can open your account and check on the status of the port.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@JM25 Hello and welcome 👋 It sounds like the port hadn't completed when you were making the calls and the temporary 083 number was showing. Have you noticed your number changing since you posted? If not, let me know and I can certainly take a look at this for you 👌

Yes if you could do that asap. That would be great. It was supposed to port on Friday morning and when it didn’t, I went into Three on Saturday and was told to wait and turn off and on my phone. It was successful but hasn’t completed.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@JM25  Ok, thanks for the info 👍 The next thing I'd like you to do is send me a PM with your temporary 083 number, the number you wish to port and also your full name, address and date of birth. Then I can open your account and check on the status of the port.

Great! Just PMed you there.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@JM25  Perfect, I see it, have just popped back to you 😁