cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeatedly charged for data despite mobile data turned off

Scout

Re: Repeatedly charged for data despite mobile data turned o

I have also been repeatedly charged for data (€2 day pass) over the past week. My mobile data is turned off and I never use it. Data saver is on with all apps blocked from using data. WiFi Assist is off. APNs are deleted and MMS disabled. It is happening at times I’m asleep and several times throughout the day, each time using a few kB of data.  My credit has been drained of €13.44 in a week over this, for a service I don’t use and don’t want.

It is ridiculous that Three can’t sort this. Many of those affected are elderly and they are being ripped off. Would it really be so difficult to make customers go through a confirmation process using a texted code to access data when not on a plan? It would avoid any doubt over who or what is accessing data.

Given there is no solution on offer I want mobile data disabled completely on my account. Who do I contact to arrange this?

@Magicalmarsh wrote:

but I am holding fire for a little while. Since the data was disabled, I have not had a problem. It's certainly very strange that @peristeronic has their data disabled by Three and settings removed yet is still being charged. Perhaps Three would like to respond to this directly and in public

Hi,

Just to clarify, I have not (yet) asked for my data to be disabled on the Three side of things.

3 Community Manager

@tc6971 We are happy to check over the charges and open an investigation for you and anyone on this thread that is reporting this. In order for us to do this, we will need to validate your account(s) Send me a PM with your full name, number, address, and date of birth when you get a chance. 

Thanks'

Highlighted
Explorer

The thieves are at it again.
Yesterday they stole €2 from my credit. They have done the same again today.
I have disabled data and checked that apps have not used any data.

At the times when my credit was stolen, my phone was on a table and locked.

One thing is now certain. When they have stolen all of my credit I am moving away
from these pickpockets.

@johnoc you know that when data is left on your apps will use it to connect and update whether your phone is on a table, in a drawer, in your pocket or in your hand?  See how you go with the data off and wifi assist off if you have that setting. 

3 Community Manager

@Chilli_Pepper thanks for the good advice. @johnoc Have you checked that WIFI assist is switched off. We also have a blog on how to find this in most major smartphones click here. I can also place a data block on your account, meaning that you'll only connect to WIFI. By the way, did you send or receive any MMS when the data charges occurred? 

Explorer

Both of these settings were off when I was charged.
3 Community Manager

@johnoc thanks for that. To investigate this further I'd need to pass your info onto our tech team, can you send me your number, full name, address and date of birth in PM?