Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

Repeatedly charged for data despite mobile data turned off

Highlighted
Navigator

Re: Repeatedly charged for data despite mobile data turned o

Hey Guys I can see where the issure might be:

When you do a software updated you can revert some settings. This would cause your phone to pick up data when you are not using it, also back ground refresh is a killer, if you loose internet and go out of the house for a cycle or walk your phone can revert to using your mobile data if you don't have this switched to off, same for push notifications. Your smart phone is actually smart in what it does but it is stuiped and you have to set your setting yourself on the phone or it will use other means to use your mobile data if you don't.

Highlighted

In my case data, background and network usage are all turned off via the settings every evening. I do it manually. I also have the data manually turned off when I leave the house when I'm out of the AYCE data bundle so that what you describe doesn't happen. I sent the info to Deborah who has escalated to technical support and I am waiting to hear back. 
I am still requesting for a refund though. Whether I get one remains to be seen. In the meantime, I ordered a new SIM card from Virgin who has a very good offer for prepay for the next few months and will be switching as soon as I can get my phone unlocked (waiting on Three to contact me for that, there could be another battle ahead). 

Scout

These GPRS charges are happening to me as well. I have an iphone. I noticed it when my credit completely disappeared when I should have had loads of cash available. It had suddenly disappeared, so I logged on to see all these GPRS charges. I topped up with a plan to see if the charges reappeared after the 28 days. My data plan expired today, between midnight and 2pm I was charged 4.63 EUR against GPRS. I have lost so much cash credit to this, it is disgusting. I've been home working all day and my phone has been connected to wifi so to see data charges today is poor. 

Highlighted
Navigator

make sure when you updated your phone that the new update does not reset to put these options on:

Location services

Mobile data

Background refresh app mean that if this remains on you'll get charged fees if you are outside your internet range in house or work. Turn if off and check it too see.

Also your phone is pretty savvy it will look for other means to a internet option if it cannot get your WiFi at your house. The phone is not smart you have to tell it what to do but if you don;t it may find other means to logo into your mobile data. Go through your phone and make sure all is off. Tick most things off. I have had this problem on and off but since I stopped using my iphone for strava the charges are gone expect one day last week charged €2.00. Even signing up to online store could charge you for the text unknowing.