cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeatedly charged for data despite mobile data turned off

3 Staff

Re: Repeatedly charged for data despite mobile data turned o

We would need to discuss this with the account holder directly. She can certainly contact us through here or any of our other social media channels. 

Explorer

I received an email into my gmail so for one thing I didn't understand acronyms such as PM for private message, and there was no mention of PM on the email into my gmail. I now see that there was a PM section on the webinterface to allow people to private message you.

@ekenny wrote:

how did I put the details up publically if I replied to you through thunderbird? you must be joking? You asked me to reply to the email so I did reply not using your online interface.

Explorer

She won't contact you now. She is ticked off which how rude the lady was
on the phone so we are thinking about changing provider.
3 Staff

That's OK @ekenny, I also sent you a private message that you could reply to. The account holder can certainly contact us through here or any of our other social media channels if ye wish to discuss this further. If you need a hand with anything else you can come back to us here. 

Explorer

All I want is the solution to the problem. Can you send it to me? What
was the outcome for the person back in February that had the same problem?
Explorer

Am i not a proxy on her account?

3 Staff

We deal with these on a case by case basis. For me to look into the account I need to be speaking directly to the account holder as already stated. If she changes our mind she can come through to us on any channel of social media. Without speaking to her we wouldn't be able to discuss this any further. 

Explorer

Okay, she was given a solution supposedly that required digging deep into the apps menu. Sorry, but this is not an acceptable answer for a forum. The whole purpose of a community forum is open transparency regarding solutions. You would save three a whole lot of work if you posted a cheatsheet or FAQ on this problem. My wife was told that she "obviously turned on all these options". This is preposterous when she had bought the phone and don't do anything to configure it.

3 Staff

To check customer details and settings further we need to be able to view the account, for data protection reasons we can only discuss what is on the account with the holder.  

Explorer

Did this change in the the change from O2 to 3? Just interested.
Don't see anything about nominee contacts on:
http://www.three.ie/privacy-policy/