Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Review Soundpeats Air3 earbuds

billbond4
Leader

Review Soundpeats Air3 earbuds

Having reviewed the Soundpeats Q30HD earphones earlier this year I wanted to try out their new Air 3 earbuds.

Unboxing Video

billbond4_0-1633002608384.png

In the box you get

• The Air 3 mini earbuds
  • A USB-C Charging cable ( approx 20 cm long)
  • The charging/carry case
  • The User Manual

billbond4_1-1633002607429.png

It's very easy to get up and running with the Soundpeats Air 3, once you take them out of the charging/carry case you can pair them with your Android/iOS device very easily as always it's great to be able to see the earbuds battery %.

You can enable pairing mode by opening the case and pressing the button on the case for 3 seconds and the led will start flashing white.

You can press the button at the front of the carry case at any time to see its battery level, Green led indicates 50 to 100% battery in the charging case. 

billbond4_2-1633002607140.png

The case feels very well built and the magnets keep the lid closed firmly. It measures 47mmx45mmx19mm approx.

billbond4_3-1633002607199.png

The USB-C charging port is at the bottom of the case.

billbond4_4-1633002606986.png

As you can see the Soundpeats Air 3 supports Qualcomm’s aptx HD audio (via the QCC3040 chip) aptX HD is designed to deliver 24-bit wireless HD audio wirelessly over Bluetooth so it will give you better audio quality from your device to the earbuds. 

The Air 3 uses Bluetooth version 5.2 which gives longer battery life.

They are 10% smaller than the Air 2 (the Air 3 are approx 33mm long), they are very similar in shape to Apple airpods and are rated for sweatproof (IPX5 Rating).

billbond4_5-1633002607095.png

In the above picture you can see the sensor that is used for  in-ear detection (the recessed little triangle) the earbuds use the sensor to detect when you put them into your ear and will resume audio or when you remove them, it will pause audio.

The chrome detail at the end of the earbuds make them more attractive, the case and earbuds have a nice black matte effect.

billbond4_6-1633002607189.png

billbond4_7-1633002607047.png

The area where the Soundpeats logo is on the earbuds is used for the touch control.

As there is no Soundpeats app so the configuration of the touches cant be changed.

Using the right earbud one press of the touch control is volume +, 2x press is for call answer/hangup or FFWD 

Using the left earbud one press of the touch control is volume -, 2x press is for call answer/hangup or REV 

billbond4_8-1633002607230.png

If your phone is unlocked a treble press on the right earbud touch control will open your voice assistant. 

A new feature is Game mode is also supported by treble press on the left earbud touch control enabling this reduces latency to 80ms.

TWS is supported, so the earbuds can be used as a pair or individually, but the touch controls are different in single use mode.

Playing time is 5 hours playtime per charge and another 2.5 recharges by the charging case, so overall the Soundpeats Air3 wireless earbuds have 17.5 hours. Audio quality with the 14.2mm Drivers is very good though there isn't a huge amount of bass but the earbuds do produce very crisp sounds when i tried different music types.

The earbuds weigh only 4g so they are very light and can be stored in the carry case for extra protection when not in use. 

The carry case weighs 24g, so in total 32g.

Microphone quality is better than average due to the fact that there is two microphones in each earbud so four Microphones in total and Qualcomm’s cVc 8.0 Noise Cancelling is included to capture your voice accurately and minimise the background noise so people on the other end can hear you, I tried this out by making a phone call from the side of a busy road and the other person had no problem hearing me.

billbond4_9-1633002607226.png

I found the earbuds very comfortable even over long periods. I used them over the week for Microsoft Teams meetings and for a 5 Kilometer run and they felt nice and snug in my ears and i didnt think they would fall out like other earphones.

For a pair of super lightweight mini earbuds that's very comfortable and produces very good sound the Soundpeats Air 3 are one to put on your shopping list.

Available to purchase from Amazon UK 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundPEATS-Air3-aptX-Adaptive-Cancellation-TrueWireless-Black/dp/B09BZKNBY7...

0 REPLIES 0