Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Network busy when making calls

iki
Investigator
Investigator

Network busy when making calls

I have a ZTE Blade A54 phone bought in Mexico with an AT&T chip, I used it in Mexico with a Movistar chip, in theory the phone is unlocked, in Ireland I bought a Three chip, but only data works for me, I can't make calls or receive them, at the same time make calls, the ringtone does not sound, only silence, then it says busy network, but I can use the data without problems

9 REPLIES 9
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @iki  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I'd be delighted to help you with this, firstly I would recommend confirming that your device has been unlocked, if you have been using your device with more than one network then this would indicate that your device is network unlocked. Once you have this done I would recommend resetting the APN settings using the instructions that I have provided below and this should change the settings to the network default however if this doesn't help pop back here and we can troubleshoot further:

Select Settings
Select Dual SIM settings
Scroll to and select Mobile networks
Select Public and Access point names
Select the Menu button
Select Reset to default

No work

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Thanks @iki, when you are in your network settings I would recommend manually selecting the network and then restarting your phone before making a call, if this doesn't work I would also recommend switching between 5G only, 4G only and 3G only, if possible on your device, to check if you are receiving calls and if this doesn't work for you pop back here and we can troubleshoot this further. 

thanks, but no work

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Thanks @iki I'd love to check the account for you and, if required, pass this on to our technical team to investigate this further to make sure everything is set up correctly. Pop through to me here on PM along with your mobile number, full name, address and date of birth and we can look into this further for you. 

billbond4
Leader

See if you can enable wifi calling?

What's the point of making Wi-Fi calls if I can't make calls through the non-WiFi telephone network?

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @iki , I can see here that you have contacted us in PM and we will be able to check the account and discuss this with you there. 

billbond4
Leader

Did you get your issue sorted?