Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Where to report spoofing?

Add_69798

Where to report spoofing?

My number has been compromised and I keep getting calls from people saying I gave them a missed call even text messages. I can't distinguished which ones are genuine calls that I should answer. 

I've had this number for more than 10 years and I don't want to change it, is there anyway to report my number?

2 REPLIES 2
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @ , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

We are aware that there is an ongoing scam at the moment whereby fraudsters are sending a high volume of scam calls into Ireland from international destinations. The fraudsters are masking the originating number from us, and using randomly generated numbers with ROI prefixes to trick others into answering these calls. It is assumed that people will be more likely to answer a call that looks like it’s coming from a familiar Irish prefix rather than the real international origin. Numbers from all network prefixes including landline numbers have been spoofed in this scam.

Sometimes these randomly generated numbers match those of real mobile or landline numbers in Ireland and result in calls or missed calls looking like they have come from our customers phone. Unfortunately, if your number has been used in call spoofing there is no real action that can be taken however this doesn't mean that they have access to your account or any personal information.

billbond4
Leader

If your using an android phone, i do report these numbers as SPAM via google so it stops other people getting calls and texts