Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Call Divert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Divert

I am currently living abroad but still retaining my o2 number as im tied into a contract (grrr) is there any way to divert calls and texts from my irish number to an international number so i dont have to constantly carry 2 phones with me?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

In theory yes you can do this. In fact I was only asked this last week by a former colleague.

In practice the cost of doing it can become expensive as every call diverted is a call received and made from your phone while roaming. Add on to that the price of a missed call, if you miss a call it will end up costing you even though you have not picked it up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

And is it possible to do it with txts?
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it is not possible.
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you tell me how you do this.  I am trying to divert my calls to an internation number but when I do it with the **21* code it says failed.  When I do it on my iphone 5 it askes me for the number but it wont let me save it.  Is there something that needs to be activated on my account to let me do this.  The number I am diverting to is a +971 number.

Hi Kaskade, sorry about this. It isn't actually possible to divert calls to international numbers. You can divert to domestic mobile and landline only I'm afraid. I've confirmed this with our tech team.
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry for digging the old thread..

are there any charges if activate the call divert to any irish local or mobile number?

and am on a plan that Irish mobile and land like calls are free.

Hi @Chandra, you can call forward on your plan. There would be no charge for this.

Are you looking to set up call forwarding to another Irish mobile or landline number?
Anonymous
Not applicable

call forward to an irish land line number, there will be no charges right !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is no charge.