Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

webtext contact number not importing

Anonymous
Not applicable

webtext contact number not importing

I'm tring to import contacts for webtext but although First and Last Names pull through the Phone numers disappear or won't import. Also I tried editing my contacts in webtext address book and saved changes but when I went to send  webtext it told me number /contact not recognised?????? I'd perfer to solve problem of contact not importing properly. Any ideas??

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What phone are you using?

When you log into www.o2.ie>webtexts> are you clicking on the import option?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I'm using import contacts and the names comes through but the numbers will not 

My phine is a Samsung galaxy trend plus and its model number is not available to synch

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sorry I have also tried various formats for the number column (as many as I could think of Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

No bother.

Unfortunately if your phone is not on the synch list you will have to enter these details manually.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes unfortunately but my problem is with importing manually , can't get the numbers' column to import even though the file imports properly and the names come through.

Also I even tried to then edit the contacts having given up on importing them via csv file BUT even though the edited contact saved and the number appears with the name when I go to send webtext I get a message of 'number/contact not recognised' HELP??????

This is about my 5th day on this and I have already been on the phone twice to O2 and had 2 'help text chats' ALSO to no avail

I am familiar with excel and cannot connot see where the problem arises ( it has to be in the formatting but I think I've tried everything) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you confirm what way you are inputting the numbers have you tried the various formats? e.g. 353,00353.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes have saved as 35386 / 87 etc.. tried with 00353 but excel file drops the 00 straightaway

Also did +35386 ...  and numbers are formatted as number with 0 dec places 

and excel file then saved as csv (comma delimited) type [which appears to import ok except while names appear phone numbers do not in my online addess book

2 Questions: 1) should that 3rd column in file being imported be titled 'Phone' or should it have some other name - this could be the problem  2) When foolowing the importing contacts directions once I have 'continue to Step 2' done I cannot 'Change title field to First name' or 'change mobile phone to buisenss mode' : the only option I get is to go to 'online address book' or to go to  send webtext

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems the issue is because the phone is not listed as been compatible it will not import the numbers for you.

You will have to complete this manually unfortunately there is no way around this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am doing it manually and that is what's  not working - the manual import of contact only imports the names but Not the numbers