Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

yr.no

Anonymous
Not applicable

yr.no

I tried to log onto yr.no this morning - its the Norwegian weather service and I'm getting an O2 error message quoting Child Protection law??????  I want to know what the weather is going to be like at 7pm this evening.  I could access this website yesterday, but not today, what's happening?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have made a change to your account. Can you turn off the device for about 10 minutes and then test it.

Let us know how you get on.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still not working.  I'm getting this error message

403 Error - Access denied

For further information, please go to www.o2.ie/childprotection.

Very odd

Can you look into it for me please

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked your still and there are no blocks on our side.

Are you using wifi? Did you clear your cache and cookies?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have this issue and it affects ALL .no domains that I have tried to access all day long. Including but not limited to vg.no nrk.no dagbladet.no finn.no komplett.no and so on and so forth.

From where I'm sitting and also after having spoken to O2 customer service twice today, both in chat and on the phone, this looks to be a DNS redirect on your end that's unrelated to any specific account settings. This screenshot is what I get when attempting to access any .no domain: http://i.imgur.com/e0nhVwx.png

I have also attempted to access other sites, and sites with .ie .com .net .org and a whole host of other country-specific TLDs resolve without any issue, including sites with adult content.

If at all possible, I would like to opt out of any DNS-level filtering on my account.

Hi, I can see you were onto my colleague Sinead a few moments ago and a change was made to your account. Can you turn the phone off and on and try again in approx 10 mins and let me know if it persists?

@Seascape, is this still an issue for you this evening? Is it happening on your mobile phone or on your broadband?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done this now, and as expected there's no change in the behaviour.

Why are you insisting that this is an issue with my account when it's demonstrably an issue on YOUR end? En masse DNS-redirects for an entire TLD with an O2-branded 403 error page is a backend issue, not an account-specific one.

I was also on to a Ravi S. via your chat today lunch time and I was promised then that a ticket would be logged for the issue and that I would be contacted, also something that has yet to happen.

Sinead also just called me back and promised to escalate this to your "tech guys", but she ended the call before I was given a ticket reference. Please log the issue with your network team and forward me the ticket details as soon as possible.

I can confirm the issue is being looked into and the reference is: 1948602. We'll contact you as soon as we've an update.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's now 30 hours since this was initially reported by the OP of this thread and 26 hours since I reported it personally via chat. Any update from your end since it's still not working on my end at the time of this post?