Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Review Soundeats Clear Earbuds

billbond4
Leader

Review Soundeats Clear Earbuds

Having reviewed other SoundPeats products previously I wanted to try out their new Clear earbuds (available in Black or White colours , other colours are available in different markets)

billbond4_0-1702045671754.png

In the box you get

• The SoundPeats Clear earbuds
  • 2 extra earbud tips (L, S)
  • A short USB-C Charging cable
  • The charging/carry case
  • Instructions on the Soundpeats app and a Manual

It's very easy to get up and running with the Soundpeats Clear, once you take them out of the charging/carry case you can pair them with your Android/iOS device very easily as always it's very handy to be able to see the earbuds battery %.

billbond4_1-1702045671407.png

You can enable pairing mode by opening the case
Also when you open the case, the led lights up to indicate battery health, Green led indicates 50 to 100% battery in the charging case.  

49%-10% remaining power shows yellow light

Under 10% remaining power shows red light

billbond4_2-1702045671493.png

When charging the charging case, the indicator light indicates:

0-20% remaining power, red light flashes slowly

21%-69% remaining power, yellow light flashes slowly

70%-99% remaining power, green light flashes slowly

100% remaining power, green light solid.

Playing time is rated for 7 hours and you can get a total of 40 hours with the charging case (400mah capacity), again these numbers are very dependent on how you have the earbuds configured, listening to Bass music will decrease these figures.
Earbuds (38mAh capacity each) take approx 1.5 hours to charge, which the case charge time is approx 2 hours.
USB-C charging is only supported, wireless would have been a nice addition.

The case feels very well built and the magnets keep the lid closed firmly.

billbond4_3-1702045671597.png

billbond4_4-1702045671760.png

The USB-C charging port and reset button is at the bottom of the case
The reset button,Long press the button on the charging case for 3 seconds to enable pairing. (or 10 seconds to reset)

The earbuds weigh only 4.2g each so they are very light and can be stored in the carry case for extra protection when not in use. 

The carry case weighs 36 g, so in total 45g.
They are rated IPx4 (so you get protection in light rain )

The app gives you some options ,like each earbuds battery %

billbond4_5-1702045671235.png

And you can check for firmware updates to the earbuds also via the app.

billbond4_6-1702045671204.png

Audio :-
You can also setup the sound to the way you would like it configured,
billbond4_7-1702045671225.png

Also another option to define which equaliser that you want to use

billbond4_8-1702045671292.png

Listening to different music styles, I found the Soundpeats Classic did a good job but enabling specific equalisers did add more depth to each music type.
ANC is not supported, but the earbuds give sound isolation when used, even in a noisy environment.

Or if you like you can configure it manually to suit your own tastes.

billbond4_9-1702045671049.png

billbond4_10-1702045671495.png

In the main bluetooth settings you have the options for enabling or disabling HD audio:AAC

Game mode is also supported by treble press on the left earbud touch control enabling this reduces latency to 90ms.

The Clear uses Bluetooth version 5.3 powered by a JL6973D8 which gives a better connection between your device and the earbuds and also a longer battery life.

billbond4_11-1702045671444.png

The earbuds have a clean modern transparent plastic appearance with the Soundpeats logo on them and “Hear your imagination” Text on them , it leans on the Nothing Ear style of earpods, it's very cool to be able to see the little microchips inside the earpods.
On each earbud there are 2 microphones used in ANC and when making calls, I found when i was outside walking on a busy road my voice was faded but when i was indoors in a quieter area my voice could be heard better.

The controls are very easy to use and even function when wearing “smartphone” gloves.
It would have been nice if it was possible to modify how the earbuds work, but it's pretty intuitive to use the controls on them

billbond4_12-1702045671416.png

From the above diagram,
The area where the Soundpeats logo is on the earbuds is used for the touch control.

The configuration of the touches cant be changed.

Using the right earbud one press of the touch control is volume +, 2x press is for call answer/hangup or FFWD 

Using the left earbud one press of the touch control is volume -, 2x press is for call answer/hangup or REV
If your phone is unlocked a x3 times, press on the right earbud touch control will open your voice assistant.

billbond4_13-1702045671747.png

billbond4_14-1702045671725.png

TWS is supported, so the earbuds can be used as a pair or individually.

I found the earbuds super comfortable even over long periods.
Using them over the week for multiple Microsoft Teams meetings and for a 10 Kilometres run and they felt nice and snug in my ears without any movement.

Audio quality with the 12mm Drivers is decent though there isn't a huge amount of bass so you might need to change the equaliser settings  if you want deeper bass but the earbuds do produce very clear sounds when I tried different music types.

For a pair of super lightweight mini earbuds that's different from most on the market that's very comfortable and produces very clear sound the Soundpeats Clear are great value for money.

Available to purchase from Amazon UK 

SoundPEATS Clear Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds, In-Ear Earphone Bluetooth 5.3, 40 Hours Playback Time, ...

0 REPLIES 0