Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Soundpeats GoFree2 Review

billbond4
Leader

Soundpeats GoFree2 Review

Having reviewed many other SoundPeats audio products I was interested to try out their new GoFree 2 earbuds which have a different design to their other typical earbud shaped earphones.

billbond4_0-1706868626943.png

In the box you get

• The GoFree 2 earbuds
  • A short USB-C Charging cable
  • The charging/carry case
  • Instructions on the Soundpeats App and a Manual

billbond4_1-1706868627164.png

It's very easy to get up and running with the Soundpeats GoFree 2, once you take them out of the charging/carry case and remove the insulation tape you can pair them with your Android/iOS device very easily as always it's great to be able to see the earbuds battery %.

billbond4_2-1706868627060.png

You can enable pairing mode by opening the case
Also when you open the case, the led lights up to indicate battery health, Green led indicates 50 to 100% battery in the charging case.  

49%-10% remaining power shows yellow light

Under 10% remaining power shows red light

When charging the charging case, the indicator light indicates:

0-20% remaining power, red light flashes slowly

21%-69% remaining power, yellow light flashes slowly

70%-99% remaining power, green light flashes slowly

100% remaining power, green light solid.

Overall Playing time is rated for 35 hours with a Charging Time of under 1.5Hrs for the Earbuds and under 2Hrs for the Case.
The Playtime length is very dependent on how you have the earbuds configured but the standard is 9 hours.

As usual from SoundPeats the case feels very well built and the magnets keep the lid closed firmly, it has a nice matte black surface,

billbond4_3-1706868626930.png

The USB-C charging port is at the back of the case.
It's a pity that Wireless charging is not supported.

billbond4_4-1706868627132.png

The base of the case with the same matte surface.

The earbuds are tightly stuck into the charge case and have a smooth feel to them with the bronze Soundpeats logo on the front and bronze mesh effect for the main speaker.
They have a Waterproof Rating: IPX5
The earbuds weigh only 9g each so they are very light and can be stored in the carry case for extra protection when not in use. 

The carry case with earbuds weigh a total of 71 g.

The SoundPeats app gives some options such as viewing each earbuds battery % 

billbond4_5-1706868626451.png

And you can check for firmware updates to the earbuds also via the app.

Audio Configuration:-

You can also setup the sound to the way you would like it configured,
Game mode is also supported by treble press on the left earbud touch control enabling this to reduce latency to 60 ms .

billbond4_6-1706868626591.png

Dual mode/ multipoint is support, but LDAC needs to be disabled in the main devices Bluetooth settings
Also another option to define which equaliser that you want to use

billbond4_7-1706868626752.png

Listening to different music styles, I found the Soundpeats Classic did a good job but enabling specific equalisers did add more depth to each music type.
As the earbuds don't fit into the ear canal ANC is not supported.

Or if you like you can configure it manually to suit your own tastes.

billbond4_8-1706868626517.png

billbond4_9-1706868626604.png

In the main bluetooth settings you have the options for enabling or disabling LDAC,

The GoFree 2 uses Bluetooth version 5.3 powered by a WQ7034MX which gives a better connection between your device and the earbuds and also a longer battery life.
During testing I found the range achieved well over 10 metres, and did not cut out when other earbuds would have.

billbond4_10-1706868627127.png

On each earbud there are 2 microphones which use the CVC noise-cancellation algorithm.
I found when I was outside walking on a busy road my voice was muffled and sometimes hard to make out when cars were passing by but when I was indoors in a quieter area my voice could be heard better.

The controls are very easy to use and even function when wearing “smartphone” gloves.
It would have been nice if it was possible to modify how the earbuds work, but it's pretty intuitive to use the controls on them

billbond4_11-1706868626602.png

From the above diagram,
The area where the Soundpeats logo is on the earbuds is used for the touch control.

The configuration of the touches cant be changed.

Using the right earbud one press of the touch control is volume +, 2x press is for call answer/hangup or FFWD 

Using the left earbud one press of the touch control is volume -, 2x press is for call answer/hangup or REV
Switch Between Two Active Calls ,Press and hold the multifunctional button for 1.5s
If your phone is unlocked a x3 times, press on the right earbud touch control will open your voice assistant.

billbond4_12-1706868626995.png

billbond4_13-1706868626913.png

billbond4_14-1706868627030.png

TWS is supported, so the earbuds can be used as a pair or individually.

I found the earbuds super comfortable even over long periods.
Using them over the week for multiple calls and listening to music and for a 5 Kilometres run and they felt nice and snug on my ears without any movement.
The sound was clear even at high volumes, as the earbuds sit outside your ears you will hear external sounds so it makes using the Soundpeats GoFree 2 a good choice when you're outside.

The GoFree2 uses a 16.2mm dynamic driver to deliver the audio.
Treble is a bit light, but again you can customise using the equaliser in the Soundpeats app.

For a pair of super lightweight earbuds that's very comfortable and perfect for the active person the Soundpeats GoFree 2  are great value for money

Available to purchase from Amazon UK 

0 REPLIES 0