Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SoundPeats RunFree Review

billbond4
Leader

SoundPeats RunFree Review

Having reviewed the SoundPeats RunFree Lite I wanted to try out their Red Dot winning SOUNDPEATS RunFree Air Conduction Headphones.

billbond4_0-1694504641294.png

In the box you get

• The SOUNDPEATS RunFree Air Conduction Headphones
  • A short USB-C Charging cable
  • Instructions on the Soundpeats app and the Manual.

billbond4_1-1694504641597.png
It's very easy to get up and running with the SOUNDPEATS RunFree Air Conduction Headphones, a long press on the power button for 3 seconds and  you can pair them with your Android/iOS device very easily as always it's great to be able to see the headphones battery %.

billbond4_2-1694504641543.pngbillbond4_3-1694504641592.png

billbond4_4-1694504641525.pngbillbond4_5-1694504641486.png

To reset, press the power button for 3 seconds, the red and white lights will flash twice ,then wait 4 seconds to restore factory settings.

billbond4_6-1694504641539.png

The headphones weigh only 31g so they are very light but it's a pity there wasn't a bag or a small carry case included. 

The app gives you some options, like views each headphones battery %

billbond4_7-1694504641366.png

And you can check for firmware updates to the headphones also via the app.

Audio Quality:-
With no ANC included you basically have speakers in front of your ears so you can hear all the background noise around you along with the audio from the speakers, when you're outside this is good as a lot of other ANC earphones will inject a wind noise into your audio.
Adaptive EQ (isn't supported by the headphones even though it's in the app)
Game mode is also supported, using the Soundpeats app.

Audio is delivered via a 16.2mm dynamic driver and enhanced bass algorithm and a  "λ" sound conduction tube.
Listening to different music styles, I found the Soundpeats Classic did a good job but enabling specific equalisers did add more depth to each music type, but as its an Air Conduction headphones it's harder to tell the subtleties in audio when your outside as you have more background noise that your ears hear compared to say earpods.

billbond4_8-1694504641170.png

Also another option to define which equaliser that you want to use

billbond4_9-1694504641212.png

Or if you like you can configure it manually to suit your own tastes.

billbond4_10-1694504641107.pngbillbond4_11-1694504641035.png

In the main bluetooth settings you have the options for enabling or disabling AAC playback

The SOUNDPEATS RunFree uses Bluetooth version 5.3 powered by a ATS3019E and HT97220 chipset, so it offers good range and longer battery life.

The headphones have a clean black plastic appearance with the Soundpeats logo on them. The rear neck band has a silicone feel.
Over long periods wearing the headphones they didn't move and felt very comfortable even when doing exercises.
The headphones are also IPX4 waterproof ( resistant to light rain).
Dual mode is also supported so you can be connected to two devices at once.

The dual microphones didn't do a good job of picking up my voice when I was outside and indoors my voice was a bit muffled.
If you wear glasses, it's easier to take them off before putting on the headphones.

The controls are very easy to use, but are a bit finicky as you're pushing headphones against your ear when you want to FFWD or REV audio tracks.
It would have been nice if it was possible to modify how the headphones work, but it's pretty intuitive to use the controls on them from the below diagram

billbond4_12-1694504641017.png

billbond4_13-1694504641361.png

Playing time is 14 hours playtime per charge with 1.6 hours charge time via 1A USB-C charger.

The SOUNDPEATS RunFree Air Conduction headphones offer a great audio experience for active people that dont want to spend a fortune on headphones.

Available to purchase from Amazon UK
SoundPEATS RunFree Wireless Headphones [Reddot 2023 Winner], Sports Earphones Bluetooth 5.3 with Air...

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@billbond4 Thanks for this review I find this type of headphones interesting but as a glasses wearer I'm not sure they're for me. 

I wear glasses as well and I didnt really fell the headphones, its always nice to have different headphones for different activities.

That's good to know. I'll keep it in mind for the next time I decide to treat myself 😊