Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Can I have two SIMs with the same mobile number?

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I have two SIMs with the same mobile number?

Hi, I was given a Samsung smartphone but I cant use it because my current mobile phone uses a full-size SIM card but the Samsung smartphone requires a micro-SIM card.

I have never used a smartphone and I am not sure if I will enjoy using it. Is it possible for me to have a full-size SIM and a micro-SIM card with the same phone number? I would like to try out the smartphone but I want to be able to use my old mobile phone with the same phone number in case I dont like using the smartphone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Fiona_R
3 Mod Retired

Hi Art, that option isn't available I'm afraid. Your number can only be assigned to one number at once. If you go into a Three store they can give you a replacement micro sim for free which you can activate and test. They can also give you a full sized sim in case you want to switch back to using your current phone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fiona_R
3 Mod Retired

Hi Art, that option isn't available I'm afraid. Your number can only be assigned to one number at once. If you go into a Three store they can give you a replacement micro sim for free which you can activate and test. They can also give you a full sized sim in case you want to switch back to using your current phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fiona.