Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Zamano:Lucky Dip premium texts, €15 credit taken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zamano:Lucky Dip premium texts, €15 credit taken

I'm writing on behalf on my girlfriend who has this account.

Zamano kept sending her "Lucky Dip" text messages to subscribe to premum rate services.

She has a Nokia C3-01 phone, with a bad touch screen, so she may or may not have hit return on the message.

There's no way of telling whether she hit enter, or not.

Apparently this clicks on a link which then costs her €5.

She texted STOP, but over the course of a week or two, they took €15 off her.

Why does O2 allow this ?

Is there no explicit dialog box which should pop up to confirm someone wants to subscribe to these premium rate services ?

They refuse to refund the money they took.

Who do we complain to ?

Surely O2 are responsible for stopping companies from raiding their own customers phone credit, even if they do take a cut of the proceeds.

regards,

Owen McGovern

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, ---- my money back. NOW!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to get a refund you need to contact the company Zamano to request this through www.phonesmart.ie.

I apologise for any inconvenience.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not good enough O2_Lisa.

O2 are pocketing a percentage from these premium numbers.

They're also complicit in sending out spam push text messages to trick paying O2 customers into parting with

their phone credit.

O2 sent out unsolicited spam, which caused their customers to be defrauded, and now O2 are washing their hands of the problem.

O2 are doing business with a company which was fined €200,000 for ripping off customers.

The situation stinks.

My girlfriend, who I represent on this forum, has a Nokia C3 which is half keyboard and half touch screen.

But it's hard to tell if she accidently clicked on a link in one of those O2 sanctioned spam messages or whether Zamona just made up log entries to rob her.

There should be a clear acknowledgement to explicitly subscribe, and NOT a deliberately obscure hidden web link which immediately subscribes someone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They made big mistake choosing me as their victim as I have old phone. But my phone stores all sent messages and all activity history so there can be no mistake from my side and everything can be traced back.  My keyboard is locking itself afted 30 seconds wihout use - no posibility for any random entry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Again I apologise for any inconvenience. We would not control these pop ups or advertisements as they are on all sites throughout the internet.
I do understand your frustration, but the procedure for this, if you did not subscribe knowingly to these companies and wish to get a refund you have to contact the company.
To get more details on the specific company go to www.phonesmart.ie and Comreg also deals with these complaints if you are not getting any satisfaction from the particular company.
Anonymous
Not applicable

> We would not control these pop ups or advertisements as they are on all sites throughout the internet. How do these companies get the list of O2 customers phone numbers? Do O2 sell their list of customer phone numbers to Zamona, or do Zamona randomly spam numbers from 086 000000000 to 086 9999999 ? Why don't O2 protect their customers phone credit ? Surely it's easy to identify phone numbers / SMS message centre accounts spamming your customers, before they go through your phone network. I'm a very senior I.T. programmer, I don't see why they can't be filtered and blacklisted. We DID contact Zamona and they refused to refund the credit they fraudulently took from money that was paid to O2 in good faith. If O2 were not profiting from this, they could've easily stopped this by now. I understand your position as a forum spin doctor, but either O2 are selling out their O2 customer list to criminals, or they're negligent in blacklisting known spammers who have been fined €200,000 in the past.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't get the fact that these companies operate legally and are heavily regulated. It's not O2's job to monitor your phone/credit usage.

If you have an unresolved issue with any 3rd party text company you need to complain to the regulator www.comreg.ie
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I did so. Comreg contacted zamano and they sent me information that they're keen to refund what they stole.... by check. And they are asking me now for an address. Insane....
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems normal enough.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think it is safe to tell they where I live?