Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Zamano:Lucky Dip premium texts, €15 credit taken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zamano:Lucky Dip premium texts, €15 credit taken

I'm writing on behalf on my girlfriend who has this account.

Zamano kept sending her "Lucky Dip" text messages to subscribe to premum rate services.

She has a Nokia C3-01 phone, with a bad touch screen, so she may or may not have hit return on the message.

There's no way of telling whether she hit enter, or not.

Apparently this clicks on a link which then costs her €5.

She texted STOP, but over the course of a week or two, they took €15 off her.

Why does O2 allow this ?

Is there no explicit dialog box which should pop up to confirm someone wants to subscribe to these premium rate services ?

They refuse to refund the money they took.

Who do we complain to ?

Surely O2 are responsible for stopping companies from raiding their own customers phone credit, even if they do take a cut of the proceeds.

regards,

Owen McGovern

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think it is safe to tell them where I live?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want your refund then you'll have to tell them your address.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me this morning, I rang O2 and they gave me the number for Zamano

I rang and demanded a full refund on all of the occurrences before I tool legal action

They have assured me a cheque is in the post to cover each txt, which amounted to 30 euros

Number for you to ring is below, and is a Dublin number, they are based in Dublin

I hope this helps

Zamano 076 680 1002

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Antoc

Glad you got it all sorted.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant believe this has been going on for so many years and O2 (Three) still claim they are innocent. They profit from it and thats the only reason they dont do anything about it.

Whether it is legal or not isn`t the issue, Three should show their customers some respect and stop treating us like fools. Its a scam and they know it.