Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

unlocking iPhone 4

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

unlocking iPhone 4

Hi
I got the new Samsung s5 so I now want to unlock my iPhone 4. It says in your help section that o2 offer an unlocking service. Can you do this for me please??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Fiona_R
3 Mod Retired

Hi, if you enter the required info at the below link you'll be contacted shortly once the phone is set to unlock.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/unlock-request.php

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Fiona_R
3 Mod Retired

Hi, if you enter the required info at the below link you'll be contacted shortly once the phone is set to unlock.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/unlock-request.php
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fiona!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have an imei for my old iPhone 4, which was bought with an O2 package in 2011. Last dec I upgraded to the iPhone 5. Still with O2. I now need to unlock my iPhone 4, to use abroad, aswell as roaming with my iPhone 5.

When I submitted the jmei number through the link for unlock code request on the O2 website it said there is no record of this iPhone, via email a few days later. I have triple checked the iPhone imei and it is correct. ( 012842005164927 ). And it was always and still is an O2 phone. I really need to unlock the iPhone ASAP. Can you help?

Thanks
image.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot see this IMEI registered to any account with us. Was it purchased as an upgrade? Can you confirm if it was purchased online or instore?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had an iphone 3 originally, but it was stolen in July of 2011. Luckily I had insurance taken out with o2, and I replaced it through the insurance and upgraded me to the iphone 4 (for an extra fee) at the time. It was all done through o2.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ciara

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you go directly through the insurance company or did you deal with a store? I just need an email confirmation of the replacement IMEI to go ahead and get that updated and unlocked.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have dealt with the O2 shop in Wilton for the most part - I submitted the paperwork etc. there.

I do remember that I got a phone call from someone - I can't remember if it was the insurance company or O2 asking if I wanted to pay the extra money for the upgrade to the iPhone 4. I obviously agreed.

I don't have many more details than that - sorry. There was building work in my house 2 years ago and alot of my paper work & things like that that I would have kept were destroyed.

Is that enough to help you?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll email the store in Wilton and see if they can confirm the IMEI change. Thanks