Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cancelled broadband account.

SOLVED
SeanMac
Connector

Cancelled broadband account.

Hi,

I rang Three earlier this month (the 9th April I think) to give a months notice to cancel my broadband account. Just after getting my latest bill and I notice I've been charged for the whole of the upcoming billing period (16th April to the 15th May). I would have thought the cut off point would have been around the 8th/9th May which would have coincided with the end of the notice period. Is there an error here i wonder?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

I just saw it there @SeanMac I'm looking at your account and I'll reply to your PM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi there @SeanMac. The bills will run as normal until the account is closed. Once it's closed then a final bill is produced which 1. will confirm in writing that the account is closed and the date it closed, 2, it'll also run a check on your last bill to see if recalculation is needed. 3. If a refund is due the final bill will confirm the amount due.

For example,  you were previously billed for 16/04/24 to 15/05/24 but your account closed on 09/04/24 so you are due a refund for the cost of 09/04/24 to 15/04/24.

I'm happy to double check the cancellation request is set on your account and to confirm when your account will close for you, just pop me a PM with your name, broadband number, address and date of birth.

Stacey, PM sent.

I just saw it there @SeanMac I'm looking at your account and I'll reply to your PM.