Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Concern

Concern

Hi guys,
Does anyone know why do i have to pay VAT on my monthly bill,even is such a high rate? (13,34€)
Thank you in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Valentin-Adrian_09441 Hello, VAT is something we all have to pay on goods and services. There are a few different categories of VAT in Ireland but your Three BillPay account is a 23% VAT category.  By law, your invoice has to show the over all VAT charge. 

For example: if you had a 3 Bill Pay 300 plan for €35 a month ( VAT including in price) and you didn't have any extras like add-ons, or made extra calls, you'll see that the VAT charge would be €6.54 .

From the VAT figure you've quoted, I'd guess you are on a higher plan. As VAT is a form of tax , you'll see it applied to your invoice every month.

Hope that helps.

Right,but when i start the contract i wasn't inform about this VAT.
I am on 60€/m.
Is there any way to not be charged with that VAT? Is just not good as you pay more monthly on a bill the VAT rate increase.
Thank you Deborah!

@Valentin-Adrian_09441 There is nothing you can do about VAT, its a tax that's applied to nearly everything. It's not something we inform people of because, well, its a tax that every consumer pays on nearly every product or service. We pay VAT on nearly everything in Ireland. Mostly we don't notice the VAT because it's included in the over all price but you'll see it on invoices ( gas, electricity etc.) . You're on the €60 plan so VAT is included in that price . On an "even" month you'll see a VAT charge of €11.22 and when you add that to the charges before VAT, it totals to €60

Total charges before VAT = 48.78 EUR
VAT @23% on 48.78 = 11.22 EUR

Right i get what you tell me but in my situation the VAT is not included in the 60€ bill pay/m and the total i have to pay with the normal amount of 60€/m on a bill pay,insurance of 6,33€ and this VAT of 13,46€ is 79,79€/m.
That's what i am concern of!
Thank you!

@Valentin-Adrian_09441 can you share a screenshot of the first page of your invoice and the 3rd page? Make sure you crop out your personal details. The sums above don't add up to €79.79 and because of that I have to ask, have you just recently moved to BillPay? If so, then you'll benefit from having a read of this, as it explains you are charged for the first few days up to your billing cycle then a month in advance.

All About: Your First Bill 

You'll see the break down of the plan for the first few days and the month in advance ( ex VAT ), when VAT is calculated for that example it comes to €13.62 and this is added to the ex-VAT amount. Plus you'll see that there is a charge for the first few days of Insurance and a month in advance. 

Let's take it that your first few days were 5 or 6 days, that means the charge INCLUDING VAT was €10 or €12 ( approx) then your month in advance was €60, add 5 day of insurance €1.30 plus month in advance €6.49 ( I reckon you have half price for 3 months on insurance) . that come pretty close to your over all figure above!

VAT is tricky stuff, and I really hope this helps you understand it.

If this is indeed your first bill, you'll see that your second bill will come to a total of €66.50 ( if you don't go out side your allowance or get add-ons)