Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Data Roaming in Martinique (France overseas region)

Add_22994
Novice

Data Roaming in Martinique (France overseas region)

Dear Three People,

I am at the moment on the island of Martinique (French overseas region in the Caribbean) and my data roaming is not working. More specifically, my phone/sim connected to the local network upon arrival, I did receive the generic welcome from Three saying Welcome to Martinique (the use of roaming similar to all the other EU countries), and I am able to send text messages and call, however I cannot use data. This is strange since the 3G/4G symbols are displayed on my screen.

I have restarted my phone; switched data/wifi on-off a few times, tried to connect manually to other Networks in the area (e.g., Vodafone, Digicel etc). Although the 3G/4G symbols being displayed, the phone actually is not connected to data/internet.

Therefore I wonder if I would need to change some settings? I must say that my partner (also on Three.ie) has no issues, his phone/sim connected to the local networks and his roaming functions great.

Thank you so much for your support.

With kind regards.

Alina

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Add_22994 welcome to 3Community 👋

This is not what I like to hear, I hope it's not causing you too much difficulty. So let's take a look. Have you switched on the data roaming in your settings?

Can you tell me what make and model phone you're using and if you're receiving any errors when trying to connect to your data? 

Hi Three_Stacey,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Indeed, the data roaming is switched on. As I said previously, I tried connecting to other networks than the one automatically selected, but that resulted in the same issue.

I have an iPhone 13 and I have updated to the latest iOS yesterday. I must say that I travel often abroad, mostly EU and the UK, and this has never happened before. Although, the last time i was in Martinique (November 2021), the SIM card did not work at all. This time all seems to work, apart from the data roaming.

I have also checked for differences between the settings on my phone and my partners (who has the same phone, Three sim-card) and it seems that under the Mobile data, the APNs are different.

Thank you once again for your help.

With kind regards,

Alina

Thanks for the details @Add_22994 are you still having difficulties using your data?

If the APN settings are different this defiantly could be causing your difficulties. If you click here you'll see our blog on APN settings, using this and your partner's phone as a guide update your settings and let me know how you get on.

Dear Three_Stacey

Thank you for your reply. 

I have changed the APN settings as instructed. No data roaming still 😞 It is extremely strange as I have mentioned the 3G/4G symbol is on.

Would it help if I tried to call customer service line?

Thank you once again.

With kind regards,

Alina

Hi @Add_22994 sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties.

As you're abroad it may be easier to contact care through our messaging team just click here, they are available from 7am to midnight (Irish time) they'll run through some more troubleshooting steps with you and if necessary reach out to our technical team to get this investigated.