Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Data charges while connected to home broadband?

meself
Investigator

Data charges while connected to home broadband?

Hi all

I am a very light phone user, 99.9% of the time I am at home and use my broadband to connect to the Internet.

Since my last top up I had not left my house and so was connected to home broadband ALL the time and yet have been charged 2 lots of data usage.

Even today 2euro and I have not left my house.

What is using this data usage when I am connected to my home broadband?

5 REPLIES 5
meself
Investigator

Ps checked my phones settings which says NO apps have used any data

Hi there, when you're connected to your home broadband do you leave your mobile data turned on or turn it off? Depending on the phone you're using most phones nowadays come with an option called WiFi+/WiFi Assist that allows your phone to use mobile data even though it's connected to WiFi.

Can I get the make & model of your phone? I'll be able to get the steps for you to check if this option is turned on on your phone as this can be the reason why you're getting the data charge text. 

Hi there thank you for your reply.

My phone is Poco F1

Data is always turned off
Roaming data is alway turned off
I also checked data usage by apps on my phone and ALL say ZERO.

This really is very confusing as to why I have any data charges at all since phone is connected to home broadband via wifi when at home and these charges have been made

Thanks for the info I'd like to look into this further for you can you pop us a PM with your mobile number, address and date of birth? 

Pm sent thanks for looking into this for me