Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

How do I cancel my out of contract billpay contract

Donna_09857
Novice

How do I cancel my out of contract billpay contract

Hi 

My billpay account has been out of contract since May. I wish to cancel my account at the end of the month, as I've switched to another provider. I've had lots of reception issues etc where I live. I'm  waiting for my new phone from my new provider and I will move my mobile number to them when I receive it. So, I'd like to continue with three until my next payment date of 22 November. I should be sorted with my new provider at that point.

Do you bill in advance or is the monthly direct debit for the month which has just passed? In otherwards is my account paid up until the 22nd November or will I owe a final payment of €60 on that date? 

How do I cancel my account at that point? 

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Donna_09857 hi there, we hate to see you go , yet I understand that there can be rare areas where Three have little to no coverage. 

Have you organised "porting" on the 22nd of November? If so, I wouldn't cancel your number, because cancelled numbers cannot be ported. 

Most of our plans are billed in advance and it's important to know the billing cycle date too. Do you know the name of your plan and when the billing cycle starts? With these, I'd be in a better position to advise you.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
I'm sad to leave, I've been with you for a long time, but my new location
just doesn't work with the reception.

Im on 3 Open Basic Extra Data24M.

My next direct debit date is 22 November.

I haven't organised anything yet. My new phone and sim card should be with
me by Wednesday. I will then be able to transfer my number across.
Once I have that done, I guess the best thing to do will be to contact
three to cancel my plan?

@Donna_09857 I understand, and hopefully Three will have coverage in your new area in the future. 

Okay, the type of plan you're on isn't on a pro-rata billing, and going by the payment due date, I reckon your billing cycle date is in around the 3rd of the month. This means that when you "port" there'll be one more invoice for the plan and usage from the 3rd - ish of Nov to the date you move.

All our BillPay accounts require 30 days notice to cancel, but since you are out of contract and porting, you just give your details to the other network. Such as, your account number and if you're multi or single line. The take care of the rest.

Don't forget to get to get your Three phone unlocked!