Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

I was double charged for credit, account never topped up

AndrewScott
Novice

I was double charged for credit, account never topped up

I attempted to add credit to my prepay account last night by calling 1741 and entering my card details. However I was told that my order could not be processed, and to try again later. When I tried again later I was told the same thing. However when I checked my bank account I had been charged for both attempts despite my account having not been topped up once.
6 REPLIES 6
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@AndrewScott Hi there, when you check your bank account is it saying that the charges are pending? Let me know 👍

Oh, I moved your post to the correct board for Prepay 🙂

Apologies for posting on the incorrect board, and yes on my online banking app I have two 20 euro payments to three Ireland under "pending transactions"

@AndrewScott no worries at all re: incorrect board, it happens. 

Okay lets talk about the top-ups. Failed top-ups due to errors of any kind can show up as pending transactions in your bank account. It can take around 5 days before the transaction is fully processed , which in your case is; the money is credited back into your bank account.

I'll pop back to you here on Friday to check with you if the transactions are still pending. If they are we may have to wait until early next week. But, in saying that, the top-ups might even be returned to you tomorrow. If so, please keep me updated.

@AndrewScott, checking in with you as promised 🙂 Are your top-up charges still pending?

Hi Deborah, I just checked and unfortunately yes. They're still in my pending transactions

@AndrewScott, good morning. I won't be able to investigate this from my side until the transactions are completed. Have you contacted your bank?