Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Is my phone unlocked to use on another network?

SOLVED
SeanMac
Connector

Is my phone unlocked to use on another network?

Need to know is my phone unlocked to use on another network. I can PM the IMEI to a mod if needed.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@SeanMac It's not possible to check on our system if the IMEI is unlocked as it wasn't bought directly from Three. The best way to check if the phone is unlocked is to put another SIM in it. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@SeanMac Have you previously requested the unlock code for your phone? If you haven't then the phone is locked to Three. You can request the unlock code here 😊

Hi Shane, I bought the phone sim-free in Argos Ireland a couple of years ago and put a Three sim into it. Does it lock to Three when you do this, or does it remain unlocked?

@SeanMac If it was bought SIM-free then it will remain unlocked. You'll be able to put any network SIM in it & work away as normal.

If its possible, can you confirm its sim free if i send you the IMEI?

Thanks.

@SeanMac It's not possible to check on our system if the IMEI is unlocked as it wasn't bought directly from Three. The best way to check if the phone is unlocked is to put another SIM in it. 

Thanks Shane. My phone is an iphone 8. I googled ‘lock status’ and found out u could check in your settings whether your phone is unlocked or not. Mine is. Probably should have done that in the first place instead of setting up this thread. 🙂