Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

System down at 3

Sparky
Novice

System down at 3

I have been trying since yesterday to 1. Add a new line to my own account for my daughter.

2. Set her up individually as a Bill Pay customer, which would mean upgrading her from her pay as you go account to being a Bill PayCustomer. 

On both accounts through no fault of the Shop assistant, the system is not accepting any new contracts. I was told they have been having this issue for the last few days, yet nothing has been said about it on the Three website. 

I have yesterday, Sunday and today Monday with no update as to when the bug will be fixed. 

What is going on Three and can you give me an update. 

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Sparky thanks for reaching out regarding this. I've just talked with the relevant team and have been assured that we're working on a solution. I'm going to loop back in with you tomorrow, and let you know if there is an update.

Thanks Deborah,

At this stage we had to cancel all open orders as we tried a few times
without success. Again no fault to the staff, they were very good, just the
system that let us down. I needed to get a phone to my daughter urgently
so I actually bought a phone outright from Apple.. As she is also with 3 I
am assuming it is as easy as popping her old SIM into the new phone when
she gets it?

best

@Sparky good morning, phones bought from the manufacturer such as Apple tend to be unlocked. So yes, you will be able to use your daughters old SIM card as long as it is the required size. We do recommend a SIM replacement every 18-24 months. A SIM replacement is free of charge too 😉

All about: SIM Replacements