Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Text messaging not working after porting

mwalker
Investigator

Text messaging not working after porting

I have discovered after porting my number from Vodafone to Three that I can't text message anyone outside the Three network. Texts don't go through to numbers I have been texting for years. I have a signal, there is no issue with sending any attachments, yet the texts don't go through. I am also worried that people are not able to text me from other networks, but obviously I have no way of knowing whether they have tried. I am waiting for my text from the HSE for my second vaccine and am quite worried now that I could have missed the appointment because of this issue.

Could someone from Three please log a ticket and look into this?

10 REPLIES 10
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@mwalker Hi there, have you been in contact with 1913 or messaging over the weekend to log a ticket with our tech team? Let me know and we'll go from there 👍

Thanks, Deborah. I have just spoken to your colleague on 1913 and she checked to make sure a ticket had been logged with the technicians from my chat this weekend. She told me she would send me a text with the ticket number and I would receive further updates from the technicians. 

@mwalker it normally takes 5 working days to carry out an investigation like this, sometimes a bit longer depending on if our tech team need more information. did you give examples of numbers that you can't text along with time stamps? 

Oh, I've moved your post out from our suggestions board and on to our BillPay board. If you have a prepay account let me know so I can move your post to the correct area.

I may have given one example of a number like that, but I would be happy to do so. Shall I pm you the number?

Just tried to PM you but got "Access Denied". 

@mwalker once your rank changes to "scout" you'll be able to PM. I think that has just happened 😉

It says I have ranked up to "scout", so that doesn't seem to give me privileges yet. I would like to just provide you with that number privately so that I am not disclosing someone's mobile number on a forum...

@mwalker thank you for considering that and you're absolutely right. Never share numbers on a public forum. Will you log out and back in again, then click on the "send me a PM" link in my signature?

Hi Deborah, I've done this now.