Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Verification codes not being received from various apps

fiona_41757
Investigator

Verification codes not being received from various apps

Hello

I see there is a long standing recurring issue with customers porting from Vodafone to Three and being unable to receive any verification texts. How has this been resolved previously?

It’s a shame that the customer support didn’t acknowledge this was a known issue before sending me on a wild goose chase back to the app providers (who I had already contacted). This is a very frustrating level of service and doesn’t bode well considering this is Day 1 of a 24 month contract with Three. 

7 REPLIES 7
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @fiona_41757  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

Sorry to hear about your experience and I'd love to look into this further for you. If you are continuing to face the above difficulty pop through to me here on PM along with your full name, mobile number, address and date of birth and I can raise this with the technical team.

As you're new to the Community you'll need to increase your rank to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, & kudos/liking comments. Once you rank up you'll get a message to notify you & you'll need to log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly. Or if you'd prefer you can contact customer care on 1913 or by clicking here to chat to our messaging team.

Hi Niall,

Thanks for your response. There was a ticket raised for this already with customer care prior to my post. 
The number provided was: REQ000000295018.

All the best,

Fiona

Thanks @fiona_41757, pop through to us here on PM along with your mobile number, address and date of birth so I can check the account and the case after validation.

I am having the same issue. Not receiving the short code verification from apps and customer care is telling me to contact application. So frustrating. Can you please get this sorted for me 

Hi Laura

You’ll have to call the Three Call centre and explain this problem and insist it is not caused by the bank etc that they will try to tell you is at fault. Once I flagged it several times to Three, it was mysteriously fixed but I had to wait a few days.

In the meantime my bank cards were blocked by AIB due to the number of failed attempts in setting it up. 
The migration from Vodafone to Three was incredibly frustrating. The level of network coverage is also very poor compared to Vodafone also in the suburban area I live and work in. I regret migrating for a cheaper phone - not worth it!

Thanks so much! Just called there and apparently will take a few days after
explaining the situation 15 times. ##- Please type your reply above this
line -##

Only 15 times 😂 you would imagine this is in the list of things for Three to set up for customers when porting … hope it works eventually