Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

What is the change to voicemail that's coming in?

SOLVED
Chrysanth
Connector

What is the change to voicemail that's coming in?

My husband and I each got the text message below (which I assume is genuine?).  The link in it didn't work, so could someone just point me to the page with the info, so I can find out what the change is?  For instance, I can't think why we'd want our voicemail in a seperate device (not that he has any other one).  Thanks.

"From Three. From August 22nd we will be updating your Three Voicemail to bring you a better service. There will be some changes to the menu options. To prepare for these changes and to find out how to save messages to another device please visit our dedicated page here 3.ie/dxs"

In case it saves any time;

Husband can't follow any links from his Doro, from which we had to have all mobile data capability removed by Three.  He only wanted a mobile for calls and SMS.(and the odd photo), it doesn't have wifi, and the mobile signal here is too weak to carry any data anyway, apart from background bits that eat away at credit.  (I only turn on my mobile data for occasional brief use during journeys or internet glitches, and my phone gets online  through our home wifi LAN).

I've tried the "3.ie/dxs" link from both my smartphone and my laptop, and the page can't be found, however I try it; direct from my Three text message, or in various browsers; with or without a  "www." prefix; typed into the address bar, or copied from the text message and pasted there in case that captured a longer version.  (Trying from another place isn't an option at the moment).

We're both Three customers (migrated from O2), with prepay phones from Three.  Last year I had to give up trying to re-register us at the new My3 after months of trying, but it seems at least that has now been sorted out (touch wood), as I tried again the other day and it worked, including several logins.  But I still can't find any reference to the voicemail change anywhere on the website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Chrysanth Thanks for all the details in your posts and I assure you that the SMS is real but it's always good to be cautious.

I've tested 3.ie/dxs and was able to open it. I will let our Voicemail team know that it's not opening for you.

So here is the full link: https://notifications.three.ie/service-notification/voicemail-service-change. I've tested this too on both Chrome and Internet Explorer 👍 

Let me know if you're able to use that link 😊

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Chrysanth Thanks for all the details in your posts and I assure you that the SMS is real but it's always good to be cautious.

I've tested 3.ie/dxs and was able to open it. I will let our Voicemail team know that it's not opening for you.

So here is the full link: https://notifications.three.ie/service-notification/voicemail-service-change. I've tested this too on both Chrome and Internet Explorer 👍 

Let me know if you're able to use that link 😊

Thanks Deborah!
Your link worked from my Android phone (via Chrome), and no doubt also would from my laptop.
I've studied the info, and was glad to see that the voicemail upgrade isn't the kind of 'improvement' that causes problems for non smartphone users, or some people in rural areas (main reason for wanting to check it out).
Just one more thing; I didn't realise (or maybe forgot) that a voicemail saved only once is 'normally' deleted after 7 days; I'll warn my husband about that. Unless, that is, 'normally' includes having data capability? ( don't know where or by what the 7-day deletion is done?)

@Chrysanth I'm delighted that the link worked for you 😊

Let me reword the part about messages being deleted, and yes it's always been the case and it's done through the voicemail system not  data.

Messages that have been listened to are automatically deleted after 7 days. If you want to keep your messages for longer listen to them again and then save them to extend for another 7 days, and you may need to continue to do this for any "important" voicemail.

Unheard messages are deleted after 14 days.

Hope that makes sense to you 👍

Yes Deborah, thanks for the clarification.

Deborah, 

I can understand that some people are cautious of clicking links sent via sms. We are receiving click-bait sms from hackers. Is there any way of putting a stop to these scoundrels?  I am receiving these on a weekly basis and blocking the numbers but they just keep changing the numbers. 

@BarryDeBeer, we're all in the same boat , so we understand each other. This topic comes up on 3Community from time to time. Even on our Idea's Board over here

All networks in Ireland are receiving complaints from customers around scam calls and click-bait sms. You are doing the right thing by being vigilant and blocking those numbers. 

You can also gather a list of these numbers and send them on. And in turn I'll send them on to our security team reviews those numbers 👍

Unfortunately, each scammer's apparent number tends to be different each time. But don't let that put you off trying, especially as many of them look like Three Ireland numbers, which could catch some people unawares. (I've been having rashes of them starting with 086, my prefix as an ex O2 user; with the right number of digits too).