Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

cancelling a bill pay account

SOLVED
andreipop
Investigator

cancelling a bill pay account

Hello,

I am on bill pay with Three and I purchased online a new phone yesterday, extending the bill period by 24 months.

I checked today the online account, and I realized that instead of extending the existing number bill period, I actually have now 2 numbers (old one and a brand new one) that I am paying bill for. I need to know how can I do to cancel the second number (the new one), and pay just one bill.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@andreipop So there are two options here

1. Send the new phone back and the new number/contract will be cancelled when the phone is returned to the warehouse
  2. Keep the new phone, new number etc and cancel your old number

Personally I'm quite attached to my number, because I've had it for YEARS, so option two wouldn't be a choice for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@andreipop Hi there, can you tell me which phone you got and was it through our Three for €3 offer? 

Hi Deborah,

I got Samsung A52s, and yes, it was through Three for 3 offer.

Thank you

Ahh okay @andreipop the Three for 3 offer is for new customers, not upgrading customers. so I understand now how it is appearing as a new number. You've mentioned that you bought it online, have you received the phone yet? 

I'm asking because the quickest way to revert this is to avail of the 14-day online cooling off period.

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, I have received the phone this morning

@andreipop So there are two options here

1. Send the new phone back and the new number/contract will be cancelled when the phone is returned to the warehouse
  2. Keep the new phone, new number etc and cancel your old number

Personally I'm quite attached to my number, because I've had it for YEARS, so option two wouldn't be a choice for me.

Thank you