Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

How do I change my username?

dfunkier
Investigator

How do I change my username?

Currently using an eircom.net address for my username and, as EIR are about to start charging for the use of it,

I'm moving over to another service. How do I change my username to the new address?

It doesn't seem to be editable in the My3 section.

14 REPLIES 14
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@dfunkier Hello there, you accessed 3Community through My3. So, first, you need to make sure you are in your My3 account. In the menu ( top right hand cover), select Details and Preferences. There is an edit button next to Personal Details, select that and change your email address 👍

Hi @Three_Deborah ,

Thanks for the swift response. However, that email address only changes my communication preferences.

So, I now receive emails from 3 to that email, but it doesn't affect my login details.

If I select Manage User from the My3 dropdown, it does allow me to change my password, but not my username/email

Any other suggestions? Is this one of those things I can only change in person in a 3 shop?

Cheers

@dfunkier thanks for coming back to me on this. From your second post, I'm thinking that you are referring to your 3Community username and email, for notifications on the forum. Is this right? If so, click on your Profile Avatar/ Username, select My Settings and you'll be able to update your email here. As for your username, I'll be able to change that for you 👍 Just pop me a PM with your details ( full name, number, address and date of birth)

Hi @Three_Deborah,

No, I'm talking about the My3 details.

To login on the three.ie site, to see bills/account info/etc, I have to enter a username and login.

If I go to the My Details and Preferences section. there's an email address there, which I can change,

but it is unrelated to my login username, it's purely for communications. I have changed that to my new email,

and all communications from three.ie are coming in on that email.

However, my login username is unchanged.

If you open the Manage User item from the My3 dropdown, in the top-right corner, you see your username and password, and only the password is editable.

So, is it possible to change the username online?

manage_user.png

@dfunkier  Hhhhhmmmmmm that's an interesting one, let me check it out with the relevant team, I'll get back to you ASAP 👌

@dfunkier  As promised, I'm back to you with an update. So, to change the email address the account needs to be deregistered and then you can register again with the new email address 👌 If you'd like to deregister pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth 😃

@LauraH 

How will that affect my account?

Will it affect billing? My devices? Future upgrades?

@dfunkier  No, not at all. Your main account with Three will remain untouched, it's your My3 account that will be deregistered 👌