Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Updating credit card details

Marguerite
Investigator

Updating credit card details

Ive tried unsuccessfully twice today to update my credit card details both online and through your 1913 number. My account is still showing my old card details.  This card is now inactive and won't work when you go to charge the card next week.    1913 won't deal with me because I do not know my 4 digit account pin.   Spoke with an agent through web chat who suggested I ring the 1913 number again but I can't access anyone as I do not have my 4 digit code.  Can anyone help resolve this.  

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Marguerite. Hi there, I've moved your post to our BillPay board as we had a query regarding the PIN recently here . In My3, have you deleted the old/expired card and then set up a "new" with your current details? 

Hi Deborah, I didnt see an option to delete old card details.  The only option seems to be to edit card details which I have tried to do unsuccessfully. 

@Marguerite do you get an error of any kind? Depending on the type of account you have there should be an option to add a new card. Can you include a screenshot of what you are seeing? But please, blank out personal details.

Hi Deborah, Im that fed up with Three at the moment, just can't understand why a simple thing like updating credit card details is such a hassle.  Surely this is something that occurs on a daily basis with clients.   Although I am due to be billed next week to my old card, I manually paid it this morning with my new card with your Pay Now Option.    I did try to set up my new card under the Use Another Payment Method twice, didn't get any error messages, but your system is still showing my old card details.   I tried phoning your 1913 helpline again this morning but I just can't get past the automated answering service as it requires me to enter a 4 digit code related to my account.  I don't have this code so I cannot get connected to an agent to talk to personally.  Is there another number I can ring, or can someone phone me.  Hope you can understand my frustration. 

@Marguerite, I get your frustration and I thank you for explaining all that details. you've ranked up on 3Community from posting publicly, so the option to send me a PM is open to you. 

I know that if your new card is completely different from your old card, as in that you are not just updating (the CVV and the Expiry date that you need to add a "new" card as your payment option. I'm not sure why this isn't available for you to do. I'd love to take a look. As mentioned, your option to PM is open, please find the "send me a PM" link in my signature and I'll watch out for you.