3Community Menu

3 Unlimited Broadband SIMO First Bill and Notifications

SOLVED
MV
Investigator
Investigator

3 Unlimited Broadband SIMO First Bill and Notifications

Hi folks,

I activated by 3 Unlimited Broadband SIMO plan on 02.07.2020.

The first SMS that I got from Three was this:

> Your 128,025.6 MB NATIONAL DATA has been successfully applied to your account...

Shouldn't it be 750GB?

The second SMS which I got today is this:

> You've reached 90 % of your defined credit limit 35.

Logged in to my account to see the bill. The bill is €34.91

• Monthly charges
    €28.36
  • Out of allowance usage charges (I wonder what that is?)
    €0.02
  • Total charge before VAT
    €28.38
  • VAT
    €6.53
  • Total charge (VAT included)
    €34.91

Is that expected that I am getting €34.91 bill on the €30/month plan? I also contacted customer support and they told me that my bill is going to be €34.91 every month

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@MV Hello, there are a few questions here and I'd like to help you with this. When you set up a brand new account, your first bill is slightly higher than expected, as your first bill covers you from the date you joined Three up to your billing date. this is normally 3 to 4 days extra plus your month in advance. The allowance you are seeing is the first 3-4 days of a monthly plan.

Our Bill Pay accounts have a credit limit built in to prevent overspending, which is very handy on broadband. From what you are saying here, your credit limit is €35, so your first bill is applied to that. Your bills going forward should be €30 a month unless you've opted out of direct-debit. 

I can't explain the €0.02 of out of allowance, but if you PM me your details ( full name, broadband number, address and date of birth), I will check it out for you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@MV Hello, there are a few questions here and I'd like to help you with this. When you set up a brand new account, your first bill is slightly higher than expected, as your first bill covers you from the date you joined Three up to your billing date. this is normally 3 to 4 days extra plus your month in advance. The allowance you are seeing is the first 3-4 days of a monthly plan.

Our Bill Pay accounts have a credit limit built in to prevent overspending, which is very handy on broadband. From what you are saying here, your credit limit is €35, so your first bill is applied to that. Your bills going forward should be €30 a month unless you've opted out of direct-debit. 

I can't explain the €0.02 of out of allowance, but if you PM me your details ( full name, broadband number, address and date of birth), I will check it out for you. 

Hello @Three_Deborah ,

Thank you for your reply.

> Your bills going forward should be €30 a month unless you've opted out of direct-debit.

That is excellent and totally makes sense. Looks like the response I got from the customer service engineer was inaccurate.

> if you PM me your details

I sent you my details in a private message.